cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Otter Lake PA

huskyfan1968
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard good things about Otter Lake- I'm thinking of camping a week there this summer- Do they have enough activites and is it nice enough for a week in sunner?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

huskyfan1968
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks- I actually got in this year- doing a week at a lake front site. Hopefully all will wotk out!

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
There is a small shopping plaza in Marshalls Creek, about 7 miles down the long and winding road. There is a supermarket there, and about two miles up on Route 209 there are plenty of shops and stores of all types. There are outlets within a half hours drive as well.

The sites at Otter Lake are mostly back in's with some pull thrus. Most have 30 amp, water,electric,cable and a lot have sewer as well. Gravel base with lots of trees, a decent amount of lake front or lakeview sites and the campground roads are paved.

mooksterl
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering where the nearest supermarket would be. I hear it is 30 minutes away and someone else mentioned 7 miles. Also, how are the sites at Otter Lake? Thank you

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
Been there a few times ..... very nice family owned campground. Lots of things to do for kids. LIke other said, it is hard to get reservations. That tells you about how good of a CG Otter Lake is.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
We love this family owned and operated campground. Spent four days this past April and had a great time. Plenty of things to do in the area, and shopping plaza about 7 miles away.

elsique
Explorer
Explorer
Otter Lake is one of our favorite campgrounds! Our child is grown up now but during the summer, I suspect the pool and lake will be where children will want to spend most of the day anyway. Look at the website for list of amenities. Not a lot going on outside the campground and the nearest grocery store is about a 20 minute drive but it sure is beautiful there. I get a peaceful, easy feeling when we stay at Otter Lake!
Elise ๐Ÿ™‚
2010 Chevy Silverado 6.2 V8
2018 2804RK Open Range

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we were at Otter Lake was about three years ago. A very nice campground. There were daily activities, which included, archery, baseball, ceramics (you paid for the item to paint), bingo, a movie every few nights, and I am sure I am missing something. There
was an outdoor pool and an indoor spa/pool/or something like that. There was also a lake, with a beach, and I saw people fishing in the lake. I believe hiking trails were also in the campground.

Otter Lake had a nice general store that sold ice cream.

One word of caution-Otter Lake is not really close to anything in the area, so bring enough supplies for the week.
Kathy

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
YES to all of the above. Make your reservations now for NEXT summer. Or maybe you can get on a list and pray.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Husky, Otter Lake is an Amazing place! Activities and niceness is not the problem....Getting a spot is, good luck.