cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overnight stop off I-90 (Mass Pike) for big rig

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just looking for a 1 night stop over near/on I-90 west of Boston suitable for a 43 ft MH towing. Any suggestions !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
6 REPLIES 6

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
We recently stopped at WalMart in Sturbridge, Ma. When you come in using Highway 20 off the turnpike, stay in the left lane on Highway 20. You will turn left into a mall / strip center where Walmart is located, then go straight ahead for a few hundred yards and veer left . You need to drive past the cinema on the left and park in the side lots to the left of Walmart (not in WalMart's large lot). There is a row of bushes separating the Cinema parking lot from a couple of lots belonging to Walmart. No hassle. That's where WalMart told us we could park.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
If you are coming from FL

West Thompson Lake COE is located in North Grosvenordale in northeastern Connecticut. It offers easy access to Interstate- 84. -

It gets VERY good reviews on RV.Net. . . COE Camping
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
There is Wells State Park in Sturbridge MA (100? miles from Boston)- - Junction of Mass Pike and I-84 - - only a few miles off the Mass Pike. I have never stayed there. You can make reservations. There is also a private campground in the area.

I do not know of any camping closer to Boston.

Old Sturbridge Village is a Tourist site -- and thus some camping is withing 20 miles (1800's life style) you may wish to check out.

The Public House is a good place to eat.

All are close to the Mass Pike.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer
I've used this site ... http://www.epgsoft.com/CampgroundMap/ ... to find campgrounds along a specific route. Hope it helps. Camp on.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks-- we are traveling with pets and would prefer somewhere with hookups.
We stayed at a KOA outside of Springfield before, but they now have a 2 night minimum which isn't what we want or need .
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

VintageRacer
Explorer
Explorer
My preference would be to find a nice trucks top and snuggle in at the back, given the size of your vehicle. Mass Turnpike is a toll road so you save the on and off toll.

Brian
2005 F250 Supercab, Powerstroke, 5 speed automatic, 3.73 gears.
20 ft race car hauler, Lola T440 Formula Ford, NTM MK4 Sports Racer
1980 MCI MC-5C highway coach conversion
2004 Travelhawk 8' Truck Camper