cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pictures of campsites at Gulf State Park?

shayerk
Explorer
Explorer
We will be at Gulf State Park from March 13 - 20th and can't wait! Fingers crossed for nice weather (although anything will be nicer than Iowa in March!). We have never been there before. Have been assigned to site #12. Can anyone comment on this site (supposed to be on the lake). Can we see the lake from the site? Is there any shade? Is there a website where you can see photos of the sites, like there is with Topsail?
Craig and Karen Shayer
32' Winnebago Adventurer
10 REPLIES 10

cwill925
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a few pictures of one of the pull throughs and couple of other pics of the park. Nice place, we'll be back.

Chuck Williams
2015 Raptor 412-TS
2006 Freightliner M2-112 Sportchassis
BMW K1600 GTL, Honda Rebel or a Smart Car in the Toyhauler.

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies - We're hoping that in early-ish March, the need for shade won't be so critical esp. morning and evening, when one is most apt to be sitting outside.
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

GREGORYJ
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in site 335 last Sept. and it was not bad for shade,and the padio area was on the east side of the RV, so the RV provided even more shade at the end of the day. Shade for us was more important than a view of the lake.
This park and campground is one of our favorites.

Ellen & Greg
08 National Dolphin DL-35Ci, Kelderman Air Ride, Rear Trac Bar
Workhorse W22, RoadMaster Rear Sway Bar, Towing 08 Smart Car

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a great trip. Tread carefully to avoid water moccasins.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you will get much shade.
I haven't seen online pictures of each site.
But the lake will probably look something like this.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

shayerk
Explorer
Explorer
We were not told our site number when we reserved back in January. But my husband called today to confirm our reservation and they told us the site number. I bet they have yours assigned as well since you will be there before we are.
Craig and Karen Shayer
32' Winnebago Adventurer

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
How did you find out your campsite? Our reservation states "Campsites are assigned at time of check-in". This was for the waterfront "Live Oak" area. Do they actually assign one if you call vs reserve on-line?

We're Minnesotans, and will be there March 5-10.
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it possible to get a campground map online, then use google maps satellite view?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if that particular campground is on the site, but there is a site with pictures - www.campsitephotos.com
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Believe it if not, we've stayed in site 12. PM me your email and I'll try and send you some pictures. No shade, but you being from Iowa, and it only being March, you'll be fine without it.

And, I was born in Iowa.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor