cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Raleigh N.C. campgrounds,

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of any good campgrounds around Raleigh N.C.
12 REPLIES 12

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Nervous about getting there and no availability. Would arrive the Thur of Memorial Day weekend. I see there is a horse thing (200+ Morgans) and a Good Sam club thing (unk # of rigs).

Do you experts think it is worth the chance?
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there is camping by the horse arena as well. I go for the dog shows ( held in the Graham building) so I stay on the fairgrounds proper. Plus it is never crowded there during big horse shows the other area can be a little busier ( I have stayed on the grounds for 30 years) also there are showers available in both the horse barns and Graham building

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Uwharrie wrote:
The fair grounds are great. Full hook ups for the moment st part though those by the Holdshouser building are only 20 amps. 50 amps available along the fence and the new midway area. Great flea market on the weekend. No reservations. You just find a spot and the security guy will come by and collect.

uwharrie,you are in the old camping area...new one across the street from where you are...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a Campground map. On the above web site there is a link for "Fairgrounds Map". If you scroll a little bit to the left on that Google map you will see the newer camping area. FYI unless things have changed since last year there is no office, no store, no facilities (restrooms, showers) no pool, no cable, no WIFI, or anything. All sites there are back in FHU. Just drive in, pick a site, and call the number. Used to be cash or check, $25.00.
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
UwHarrie, Is there some place I can obtain a map that shows the lot
Thanks

Uwharrie
Explorer
Explorer
The fair grounds are great. Full hook ups for the moment st part though those by the Holdshouser building are only 20 amps. 50 amps available along the fence and the new midway area. Great flea market on the weekend. No reservations. You just find a spot and the security guy will come by and collect.

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information I found that reply with the web site, overlooked that the first time thru.

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
I will be staying about a week and would like full hook up for a 36' 5er. this will be the the second week of June for a graduation. Does anyone have the number to call for a reservation for the fair grounds

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at fair grounds over Christmas to visit my DD and her family. Great location for my stay. There are no "park amenities" like bathhouses, playgrounds, or activities. It was $25 a night for WES with a level, easy to get into site. There were all types of RV's, and most didn't hang around during the day. Saw several walking dogs of various sizes.

Worked for me and would recommend it.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
robogobucks wrote:
Does anyone know of any good campgrounds around Raleigh N.C.

Raleigh fair grounds......I believe they have a new one across the street from the actual fair ground now.....alongside the horse center...all sites are perfectly level with fhu.....Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
Campground
WES sites were $25.00 as I recall. Be careful when choosing a site though. Some are not very level. Very dusty in dry weather. I would stay there again however.
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

quiltlady
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Raleigh State Fairgrounds a couple of years ago as an overnight stop and it was very comfortable.It was a little tricky finding the entrance to the CG, but we made a call to CG person in charge and he talked us to the gate and met us there. FHU, but not fancy. Would stay there again if we were passing through Raleigh.