cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV campground Ideas

Team_Roper_Heel
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I will be heading west in September. We are Finally empty nesters looking forward to our first trip not during "schools out for the summer" Would value any ideas of RV parks near the following national parks:
1) Arches/Canyon Lands Utah
2) Capital Reef Utah
3) Yosemite CA
4) Kings Canyon CA
Thanks for y,alls help
2016 3605 Voltage
17.5 wheels, modified leaf springs
2020 GMC 3500 Denali
DRW Crew Cab Duramax 8' bed
11 REPLIES 11

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
For Arches we stayed at Portal RV, for Capital reef, we stayed at Thousand Lakes RV. Both were nice and had FHU
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Team_Roper_Heel
Explorer
Explorer
Thank y,all for all the ideas! We have a Voltage 3605 Toy hauler right at 40' long.
2016 3605 Voltage
17.5 wheels, modified leaf springs
2020 GMC 3500 Denali
DRW Crew Cab Duramax 8' bed

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
And, don't know if it helps or if you're looking for specific recommendations- I generally use Campendium and RVParkReviews.com for searching out parks near a destination.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
For Arches/Canyonland, we stayed at Archview RV Resort and OK RV Resort. Both were full hookups and both were nice. I liked Archview better (better location, could see Arches NP) but liked OK RV Resort's prices better.

Otherwise, I'd also consider boondocking nearby.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Capital Reef: there is a good campground inside the Park.

Arches/Canyonland: While there is camping inside either park, we stayed at Horsethief Campground. a BLM park located midway between the two.

Kings Canyon: The is a campground inside the park, but you might also consider Potwisha campground at the south end of Sequoya Park, as it is easier to reach wth an RV. (Reservations are highly recommended.)

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Consider taking the Adventure Caravans tour of the Great Western Parks that take the entire month of September. It covers many of the sights you mentioned.
No, I don't work for them but did take the tour several years ago.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Consider a route that also goes past Mesa Verde on the way to Arches. Really Neat. Nice campground right near the entrance.
pawatt

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley is our favorite.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, we need to know about your RV to advise about Kings Canyon and Yosemite. For instance see:

https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/vehicle-restrictions.htm
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you are traveling in so these might not be what you are looking for; we travel in a 40 foot class with toad.

We have stayed at Thousand Lakes RV near Capitol Reef, Moab Valley RV near Arches, & Escapees Park of the Sierras near Yosemite. You can either stay on the east or west side of Yosemite depending upon what time of the year.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Press the RV Parks button at the top of this page. Great way to find parks suitable to your liking. Give it a try.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE