Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV camping closest to Legoland

Utahtea
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

We have just decided to go to Legoland with our grandson over the Memorial Day weekend....trust me the timing was not our choice!

I've checked and the Regional Parks and State parks are booked for our dates....no surprise there. Since this is not really a camping trip, we'd like hook ups.

I think my two closet choices are Oceanside RV Park and Paradise by the Sea RV Resort in Oceanside, CA. Does anyone have any feedback on these two campgrounds. Does anyone know if any other RV parks close to Legoland?

Thanks in advance,
Utahtea

2006 Allegro DA 28
12 REPLIES 12

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
We ran into the same problem around the July 4 holiday back in 2009. We wound up in a CG/Marina in Lake Elsinore. While not really close to LegoLand it worked for us.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed at the Paradise By The Sea park a couple of times. Basically a parking lot with marked spaces, and the train tracks are on the East side of the park. But, it's a close walk to the beach. Around these parts, any place near the ocean cost more and has small sites.

Like other said, the state parks at the beach are all booked by now. You can try and see if anyone has cancelled their reservations. Santee lakes is a great place to stay, I've done so many times.

There are a lot of places south of Lego Land. Do a google search and you will find quite a choice, but all are farther from Lego Land than the Oceanside parks.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

dolphindog
Explorer
Explorer
check out santee lakes. big park. about 40 minute of drive to legoland.
santee has a old section...no cable, and newer section with.

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
Guajame is small but nice and it's a San Diego County (not state) park. There are a number of others run by the County, they will be much more available than the State Parks and also cheaper.

Google "San Diego County Paks Campground Reservations"

If you are coming to San Diego you might also want to consider Lake Jennings. It's run by the Helix water District, has full and partial hookup sites and can be reserved online. One caution on this one - many of the partial hookup sites may be a challenge when you need to level! Also most of the partials are on a road that prohibits vehicles longer than 25'. Great for small class C's, tent campers and small TT'S but not suitable for the larger ones.
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X

Rice
Explorer III
Explorer III
The two parks in Oceanside are the closest to Legoland. We stayed at Oceanside RV Park for a month a few years ago. Our 40-foot motorhome and toad fit into a spot; neighbors were close on the sides. A train runs on the north side of the park, where the tents are! We were a few sites down from there and it wasn't particularly horrible, but we had more than nylon between us and the train.

I can't remember why we picked that one over Paradise by the Sea. They seem pretty similar.

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
Glad I found this, heading to legoland in april and guajome looks like a great spot!
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Our preferred campground is Guajome county park as it's less money than most,a really nice place to stay and close to our GK's in Oceanside. The down side is that is's hard to get into with less than about 6 months notice. The second choice is Paradise by the sea,as it's quiet,close to the ocean and downtown Oceanside. The downside is it's REALLY expensive in the summer and full,but i9t's medium price in the winter.
The next place we've stayed is a brand new one in Vista,but close to Legoland,well several miles,relatively inexpensive and it's called Olive Street RV Resort. They do have a pool and a nice clubhouse.

I did hear a rumour that the Oceanside Elks club was accepting non-members.

Time before this last trip,we wanted to stay at either Carlsbad Beach or San Elijo SPs and found that they were full at the Christmas holidays and when we got down there and drove thru them,they weren't full at all. However,both of them cost more than the winter rates at Paradise by the sea. Carlsbad was $55 and San Elijo was $65.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
Check reserveamerica often - since they often get cancellations.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
EarthboundTC wrote:
We are planning to go to California in July and will visit LegoLand How crowded are the state parks in July ? Or should we go to a private park?
Tony

all state park campsites, along the coast, were already gone for July, in February. state parks' coastal campsites are gone 6 months in advance and disappear within seconds of the first day available.

you'll be lucky to find a private park with anything available. you'll have to go inland to find anything.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Anthony_C
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are planning to go to California in July and will visit LegoLand How crowded are the state parks in July ? Or should we go to a private park?
Tony
2020 Ford F-450 FX4,6.7 power Stroke diesel. Max Tow package. towing a 2021 Grand Design Solitude.

Utahtea
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Sloop,

I already checked Guajome Regional Park and it was booked. Escondido looks a lot nicer than the other choices but for the holiday weekend, we didn't want to have to worry about traffic. We have to meet other people at Legoland each day so we're going to try one of them in Oceanside.
Utahtea

2006 Allegro DA 28

Sloop_Smitten
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Guajome Regional Park in Oceanside. Hard to find anything this late. If you are willing to drive about 20 minutes there is the Escondido RV Park not far from the I-15 - Hwy 78 Interchange.
1992 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye 24' M/H
Ford E350 Chassis, 7.5L Engine, E40D Transmission
My other motorhome is a 1978 Catalina 25 Sailboat
Cruising Califonia, Sailing the Pacific!