cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Camping with rental cabins available

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to find a central location for family to gather coming in from Knoxville, TN; Montgomery, AL; and Dallas, TX. Two family members have motorhomes, the third would need a pet friendly cabin rental on site. Met in Guntersville, AL last year but trying to get a little more even travel distance this time.

Just looking for suggestions.

Thanks, travel safe.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor
7 REPLIES 7

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
Did you consider Branson? We use Compton Ridge Campground & Lodge there. I know they have cabins and rooms that are pet friendly. Check their website, comptonridge.com

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did notice that the OP mentions "pet-friendly" cabins. As a rule, KOA does not permit pets in their cabins. As for other CGs, this is a policy that will probably need to be checked out individually with each CG. Perhaps, as a last resort, the pet(s) can stay with the part of the family who are camping, rather than at the cabins?
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

bertnspike
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of KOA campground have cabins also.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Village Creek State Park Arkansas in Wynne, AR.

Closer to Dallas but farther from Sevierville is Catherine's Landing RV Resort on Lake Catherine in Hot Springs. Lots to do in the area. Nice RV park with full hookups and either yurts or cottages to rent. Only certain cottages are pet friendly. We always stay here when we go to Hot Springs. http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherines-landing/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed in one in the Nashville area that was on a lake, just SE of town IIRC.
friends stayed in a cabin and we were in my MH.
bumpy

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Never been there, but my suggestion would be for Memphis, TN. It is about a 7 hr drive from Dallas and from Knoxville and about a 4 hr drive from Birmingham.

Looking online, there are several campgrounds with cabins.

Here is a state park that is 13 miles north of Memphis on the river.

Meeman Shelby State Park
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
lakeside campground, Aurora, KY, I thought had some rental units at one time. if not IIRC there is a bunch of cabins/campground just across the road and a little further south.
bumpy