cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park in Jackson TN

Sooner66
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a nice RV park in Jackson TN any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

MVH1
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Chickasaw state park for a week and visited family in Jackson. It's right at 30 minutes outside of Jackson. The camping area needs some updating. But the rest of the park is beautiful with a very nice lake. They also have horses there that you can ride. On the weekend they had some great ranger programs for the kids. There is a fabulous steak restaurant in town outside the park.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We have always stayed in "Joy O".

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chickasaw State Park

is not IN Jackson, but reasonably close.

There's not a "nice" park in Jackson, there are 3 that are pretty dumpy, and adequate only for an overnight stay. I would not want to spend any time in any of them.

Beachlake has good reviews.

Natchez Trace State Park is further away but decent.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

KID2TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
Joy O campground just past jackson towards memphis if you can, the two locations in jackson (Jackson RV park and Whispering Pines) are really just small parking areas, beach lake is down exit 108 (hwy 22 south) into lexington tn and is well off the road and tight spots.and the exit 116 is natchez trace state park (pin oak campground) but is about 15 miles off I-40. Now also at exit 108 is parkers crossroads campground and its just a mile or two north of I-40 (hwy 22) and lots of room there as well.
good luck.
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Amarillo Special Edition 4 X 4 & 6.0 PSD,
2015 Columbus 320 RS
Me, a Wife and two crazy kids that are to cool to go anymore :B
Golf cart that matches the Amarillo truck.

Sooner66
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are the results from a Woodalls.com search for Jackson, TN
Jackson TN RV campgrounds

A quick way to find a list of possibles is to use the Woodalls.com and enter the city you hope to be camping near. Then you can check out reviews for the cg at TripAdvisor.com
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus