cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park reviews

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
How much stock would you place on a review that is from 2013 and was rated a 1 - terrible. Its the only review. My other choice is about double the price but offers about the same amenities.
34 REPLIES 34

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
i drove out to look at it a couple of years ago and yes it is in a field,
it looked like almost all were seasonal residents, mostly fishermen.
not a lot there but was very reasonable for the coast

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
There is another PPA park listed in Lincoln City: Chinook Bend. It has more recent reviews and they're fairly good.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
They have a facebook page that was last updated in July 2012 maybe the campground is belly up

I would try for Devils Lake or Beverly Beach state park
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
RAS43 wrote:
K Charles wrote:
some people's 1's are other people's 5's. Go there and if you like it stay and if you don't then move on

I agree. All reviews are mostly opinions. I may look at them but I don't rely on them totally when deciding. I have found some gems that had mixed reviews. OP- I'd go there and try it, you may enjoy your stay. After all how much time will spent at the campground vs visiting local sights.

Double ditto. Their website shows some very nice features from the photos. It's the kind of place we'd enjoy I'm sure. The suggestion of state parks is an excellent one as well.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
K Charles wrote:
some people's 1's are other people's 5's. Go there and if you like it stay and if you don't then move on

I agree. All reviews are mostly opinions. I may look at them but I don't rely on them totally when deciding. I have found some gems that had mixed reviews. OP- I'd go there and try it, you may enjoy your stay. After all how much time will spent at the campground vs visiting local sights.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Its Sunset Landing in Lincoln City Ore. Its a Passport America site and they offer the discount for a full stay while the others don't. The reviewer usually gives good reviews and his objections sound valid. I guess I'll just try to stay at the state park, you generally can't go wrong with that.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
One old rating could be lots of things. Number one is the fact that people are too lazy to post reviews. The CG may be a little one off the beaten path. It could be closed. Website? Check the other possible sources of info as suggested. Have a plan B if it does not pass the driveby test.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
johnnyrv wrote:
Check the good Sam rating

Now, that right there is funny. I think the Good Sam reviews are the worst gauge of how good a campground is.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Go to Tripadvisor.com and type in the name of the campground and it's location. There may be more reviews there.

Old reviews is why I now use Tripdavisor or Good Sam ratings

Double the price tells me it is cheap - you get what you pay for
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I typically don't bother with park reviews, I post a question on this forum and ask for input from our members about campgrounds or an area that I'm interested in.

Since the forums have been in existence, I have never been steered wrong by fellow members on campgrounds.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
The fact that there is only one rating and it's two years old says more than the actual rating IMO. I would not pursue that one, even if the rating was a 10.

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Check the good Sam rating

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne

Let us know the RV Park and we can offer more assistance.

Others have alluded to issues that the reviewers may have had, which might not be yours?
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
mdcamping wrote:
What is the review history of the reviewer, sometimes that paints a picture on how fair the review is.

Ask questions here. Start a new OP and see if anyone has been to the campground. Might get lots of opinions.

Mike

Reviewers history....
Do they always rate low or was this place bad?
What are their comments as to WHY only a 1?

Pool not warm enough, gift shop not open at night......etc!

OR where there real issues?

As asked by others.......
WHAT CG is this. We might have been there, somebody else might have been there. This place is full of folks that have been all around.
And will give their opinion.

Come on spill the beans..WHAT CG? :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to Tripadvisor.com and type in the name of the campground and it's location. There may be more reviews there.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus