cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV parks North across bridge from Mackinaw City

Dottie5
Explorer
Explorer
We will be attending a family reunion in June so want to see if I can get some spots reserved soon.

The reunion is going to be in the far northern part of Wisconsin. We want to visit Mackinac Island while up there and would just take Hwy 2 over to the area of St Ignace, MI and/or Evergreen Shores, MI. There are several places in and around Mackinaw City but for travel time, if we could get something in those areas would be helpful. Then we can just drive over to Mackinaw City if we want.

I'm not finding a lot in that area of Michigan. Do any of you know or visited the area have some suggestions?
Thanks!!
20 REPLIES 20

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Lakeshore Park Campground. Free shuttle to the boat for island. Nice view of the lake.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
If your visiting Mackinaw island, stay at the Tee Pee campground, they sell tickets for the boats to Mackinaw and the shuttle comes right to the campground.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I second Straits State Park, cannot get any closer to the bridge and close to the ferry's
We stay here every year when we head up north. There are even a few sites that have spectacular views of the straits and the bridge if you want to dry camp.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just slightly off topic but when in Mackinaw City be sure to have one or two of their Pasties; a local staple for the workers when the bridge was being built. Our favorite source is Mackinaw Pastie and Cookie Company on Huron Street. They also have frozen Pasties to take home.
And see the video on how the bridge was built upstairs at Moma Mia's on the main drag in town close to the docks.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at this state park. Located at the north end of the bridge at St. IgnaceStraits State Park

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
This may help:

https://freecampsites.net/#!Mackinaw+City,+Michigan,+United+States
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.