cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Antonio, Tx on the way home.

Red_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Spending couple weeks in Arizona, then headed back to Alabama. Plan on spending a couple days in San Antonio on the way. Would like to see the Alamo of course. What else would YOU recommend that we see ? Any recommendations on campgrounds on the northeast of eastern side of the city ? We have a 31' 5er and prefer FHU. Thank you for your advice.
20 REPLIES 20

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
X2 Traveler's World IMHO take the tour that picks up at Travelers World. If you travel with dogs there was a lady at Travelers World that would come to your RV and feed/walk your dog.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2,3, 4 or whatever, The Riverwalk!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Traveler's World and liked it. As previously mentioned, don't miss the river walk. There is a famous steak house that serves blocks of cheese and bread as a starter. Great food, but for the life of me I can't remember its name.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

aerbus32
Explorer
Explorer
My son lives in Universal City. Last fall we visited by car; checked out the parks close to him we will stay at in the future. Stone Creek was what we decided on.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Riverwalk for sure. And it is just a couple blocks from the Alamo.
El Mercado (or Market Square) is worth a trip.
Some of the old Spanish missions on the Mission Trail.
The Buckhorn and Texas Ranger Museum is always a good place to spend a couple of hours.
They have a good zoo if you like zoos.

I have not stayed there, but the KOA on the east/northeast side of downtown typically gets good reviews. And it is just off I-10 if that is your intended route. San Antonio RV parks

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
While in S.A. be sure to take a boat trip along the Riverwalk. It is very nice at night as well and very festive.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)