cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Diego in Jan

johnalavery
Explorer
Explorer
We want to stay in San Diego for the month of Jan and would like some recommendations. I have looked at Campland on the Bay and Mission Bay RV Resort. Anyone have stayed here? Thanks John in OR.
8 REPLIES 8

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Do not go to La Pacifica in San Ysidro it is now a trashy trailer park Santy Lakes is really nice, you can feed the wild ducks and Canada geese some from your hand there is a trolley station close by that has access to the down town, definitely spend one day on the Midway Aircraft Carrier, also go see the Christmas tree at Hotel Del Coronado, the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park, Balboa Park has the Aerospace museum and much more, there is Old Town there is an old house on one side of the plaza worth seeing, if you want to eat go out side the plaza the restaurants around the plaza are junk, instead go to the Guadalajara grill that is were San Diegans go.

navegator

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
KOA San Diego A great place if your there to explore San Diego. If you are going to just sit tight for a month than go inland cheaper and less congestion. If you want to enjoy San Diego for the month your there then this is a great place
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
johnalavery wrote:
We want to stay in San Diego for the month of Jan and would like some recommendations. I have looked at Campland on the Bay and Mission Bay RV Resort. Anyone have stayed here? Thanks John in OR.

Personally I would find a nice RV Park inland. Not as packed, traffic not as congested and way less money.

X1, RVing and driving an RV in San Diego :(:(

toolttime
Explorer
Explorer
I find it about 10 15 degrees colder then Palm Springs. Nice place to visit but I don't like to stay there. Too cool for me.
2015 Thor Tuscany 45AT

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chula Vista RV resort is south of San Diego, nestled among some warehouse down the road, a marina along the side, restaurant and a county park that you can access to walk along the bay and watch the sunset. A beautiful albeit pricey park. Lots of amenities and lots of privacy. We have been several times and will return again. Easy access to freeway and San Diego sights.

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Campland and Mission have a lot of young families. Great if you want that. For about the same price Chula Vista RV & Marina (south SD) is on the water and slightly more adult. No problem with your choices though.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Santee Lakes RV is a reasonable driving distance to the big city.

Santee Lakes RV
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
johnalavery wrote:

Personally I would find a nice RV Park inland. Not as packed, traffic not as congested and way less money.