cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

San Francisco

Mountain_Trippe
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any suggestions for campgrounds around San Francisco for the end of May. Looked at Wine Country RV Park but it looks to have very poor reviews. Would like to stay about a week.
George&Karen
2014 Forrest River Solera
Toad 2015 Subaru Forrester
15 REPLIES 15

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Parks that do not enforce posted quiet hours do not get my repeat business. The Barbarian's post alone is sufficient for me to avoid Petaluma KOA.

The_Barbarian1
Explorer
Explorer
In 2013, we pulled into the Petaluma KOA and into a friday night campground full of summer time campers fired up not be at home. Loud Karoke, loud laughter, loud groups of people and I just wanted to sleep and head for home in the morning. The camp has been upgraded to a resort. Enjoy folks - we will stay at the Napa Valley Expo from now on.
2007.5 GMC Sierra SLT Duramax 4x4 Crewcab
2014 Montana 3150 RL

Mountain_Trippe
Explorer
Explorer
Dave and Sue wrote:
We stayed at the Peteluma Koa last October.Not a bad drive into the city and a good place to base out of the the surrounding area.I would do it again.

Thank everyone for the help. We are going to stay @ Peteluma KOA. the Lagunitas Brewery is there and that is my Fav. Beer. Looks like a nice campground.
George&Karen
2014 Forrest River Solera
Toad 2015 Subaru Forrester

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Peteluma Koa last October.Not a bad drive into the city and a good place to base out of the the surrounding area.I would do it again.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

smurf
Explorer
Explorer
We highly Recommend Wine Country RV Resort or Vines RV Resort in Paso Robles CA.
In the heart of the Paso Robles Wine country. Very NICE PARKS . We stay at there sister park in Casa Grande AZ. Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort . all 3 are very very nice parks.
2004 GMC HD 4x4 Douramax with Allison transmission loaded.
20005 36ft. Everest W/ 4 slides loaded.
Full timing and having fun
No matter where you go there you are

Papa Smurf driver
Mama Smurf Professional Passenger

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
After having stayed at many of the aforementioned parks, we booked reservations for Marin RV in Greenbrae starting next week. I'll be reviewing it after the stay.

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering this park for our upcoming trip:

Novato RV Park

I am I'm the planning stages now. We are going to visit Muir Woods and San Fran, so it is in a pretty good location.

We were going to try to get into Point Pillar RV Park or settle tor a dry camp in the PointPillar Harbor lot and just do one night. We are going to stay a little longer now so need a park.

The Novato RV Park didn't show up on many of the searches I tried. I loaded a POI file from the POI Factory and there it was. I hadn't heard anyone on the various forums comment on it. Looking forward to any comments from those in the know.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Napa Valley Expo.

Drive to the Larkspur ferry landing, take the ferry across the bay to Fisherman's Wharf where you can pick up the following small van tour. Our daughter lives in the city and she was very impressed with the tour.

San Francisco Tour

Be forewarned when we stayed there the camp host was deciding who could stay and who could not. He was making up camp rules and ignoring the actual rules.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
We stayed at the KOA near Petaluma, nice park but rather pricey. They offered a shuttle to the city, we declined as our budget and schedule didn't allow us to stay more than one night.

x2 The do have a weekly rate I stayed there last march and it was pay for 6 days get a day free. I paid $41 a day using the weekly rate

We took our car to the ferry. In SF the bus, cable car, and buses are easy to navigate
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Napa Valley Expo.

Drive to the Larkspur ferry landing, take the ferry across the bay to Fisherman's Wharf where you can pick up the following small van tour. Our daughter lives in the city and she was very impressed with the tour.

San Francisco Tour
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

alcaracu
Explorer
Explorer
Anthony Chabot county park in castro valley.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the KOA near Petaluma, nice park but rather pricey. They offered a shuttle to the city, we declined as our budget and schedule didn't allow us to stay more than one night.

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've stayed at the SF RV Resort in Pacifica as well. It's not the woods type campground though. It's on the ocean. Real close to the city to and a bit pricy. Only one I've stayed at near the city. Very nice.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We enjoy the San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica. Unfortunately, the ocean front spots have been eliminated due to erosion, but it's still a nice location. Pool and spa overlooking the Pacific. The bus stop is right in front of the resort which will take you to the BART station. BART will take you everywhere else. The resort is about 15 mins from the Golden Gate Bridge....Dennis

P.S. AVOID Candlestick RV park due to the wind..D

San Francisco RV Resort
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG