cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seneca Rocks, WV

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
DW saw on TV a snipette featuring Seneca Rocks, WV and is suggesting we take a trip to that area this year. I did a quick look and did not find any suitable park for a couple of days in that area. A 26" Class C needing a level site with 30 amp. Water and sewer are a plus, but not needed. Preferences are COE, State, & municipal/county parks. Not big on commercial parks, but if that's all there is so be it.
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
7 REPLIES 7

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Five River RV Park in Parsons (https://www.fiverivercampground.com/) WV, Canaan Valley SP, and Seneca Shadows are good places to stay. Blackwater Falls SP is ok too, but the sites are kind of small. Beautiful area of West Virginia to visit for awhile.

Near Canaan Valley is the Dolly Sods wilderness, also a nice place to check out. Have fun!!

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Check out Canaan Valley Resort. They have hook-ups. Also about 30 minutes from Seneca Rocks. I also recommend a day trip down to the Greenbank Observatory when you are in the area.
Just an FYI. When you are in that area, it seems nothing is closer than 30 minutes. There are also several caves to visit and I believe Blackwater Falls is nearby.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Medley WV at Just Plane Adventures. About $35 a night. They are about 35 minutes away from Seneca Rocks. Open flat field with 50 amp service, sewer and water. Just a few miles off US 48 four lane across the state. We even took an aerial tour of the area.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Closest we found to there was near Elkins unless you are roughing it. I am from that area and go to the area to ski but I am not a fan of places with limited facilities. Most everything unless ski related is closed now for the winter.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Federal Campground at Seneca Rocks. It is nice,has electric.No water or sewer at that time but they did have nice bathhouses.Not much to do in the area.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is this, but note that according to Google Maps, its a 30 minute drive to the Rocks.
https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/west-virginia/davis/canaan-valley-resort-state-park-3210
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
RV parky shows a couple, Seneca Shadows appears to fit your bill.
Senaca shadows
Forest service park, currently closed for the winter.
There are some phone numbers listed and recreation.gov handles reservations.

Others in the area, RV parky