cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

St Augustine Campgrounds

Wawhoss
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of spending a week down in St Augustine, Fla. around Thanksgiving. Can anyone recommend a Campground? Thanks

Wawhoss
11 REPLIES 11

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
We are heading that way in September. Will be spending 5 days at Anastasia State park and then another 5 at Compass RV park. Any suggestions for good places to eat? We will be there during our 33rd anniversary and looking for a place for a nice yet informal dinner. Thanks.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for North Beach, for the same reasons as above.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have stayed at North Beach several times. Good location ( about 6-7 miles from town) and good separation of sites with vegetation so you don't see your neighbor. Short walk across the street to the beach. The roads and sites are sand, so you will have a dirty RV inside and out when you leave.
The KOA is closer to town and has paved roads and sites, but you are pretty close to your neighbor. Last year we stayed at Stagecoach. Some of the roads and sites are paved, some not. Clean park, near the outlet mall and a few miles from town. We stayed at Ocean Grove a couple years ago and didn't like the site we had. It was a giant puddle when it rained.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
North Beach is our favorite. It is nestled right between the ocean and the Tolamato River, a couple minutes north of the city. Nice quiet area with easy access to the beach and the city, close to a Publix supermarket too.

HUGE sites with nice vegetation between sites to give a very private feel.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

quiltlady
Explorer
Explorer
We go to ST A often as our son and his family live there. Our favorite is Compass which is just east of I-95. They are very clean, organized and the owners and staff could not be nicer.I like that you can pick and book your site on line. These are newer owners that give A-one customer service and have turned a poor CG into a great CG. That is our first choice in ST A. Our second choice is North Beach which is in Vilano Beach. It is a little pricier, but across from the ocean on one side and the river on the other. Nice restaurant (Aunt Kate;s)on the river side. Sites are a bit more private.Both are good camogrounds.

jorge3000
Explorer
Explorer
We are at here right now and are staying at the Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort. We reserved spot 225 so that it wuld back up to the ocean. I wish it was a clear view of the ocean (you can see it), however there is a sand dune that runs the barrier between the campground and the ocean. They do have 4 walkways leading down to the ocean. Some of the things I really like about the place is that it is full hookups, nice anemities (2 pools, gated, laudry, wifi...etc). The one downside is the lack of trees. No matter where youo park, your rig is full sun meaning tat the A/C is running non stop to keep up. You may not have that problem if you come in Nov.

We have driven by some of the others and none of them look any better than Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort. We paid $114 per night to stay here. There may be cheaper options out there (such as the state park), but we booked at the last minute and wanted "on the beach" from our TT. THey boost that they are the only place with that as an option.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on your preferred location...mainland or island (Anastasia Island)

Not mentioned above is Stagecoach RV Park near I-95 and hw 16. We stayed in Stagecoach for about 3 weeks last fall. Well run and good rates. Make reservations ahead as they fill up with snowbirds in the fall.

Also not mentioned is Ocean Grove RV Resort on Anastasia Island. Bryn Mawr is on the beach (but a good walk from the front of the park to the beach). Ocean Grove is near the beach, but requires crossing the road and a walk of several blocks to get to the beach. We stayed in Ocean Grove for several weeks. It was also a well run park, but recovering from the hurricane when we stayed there.

Enjoy your stay in St. Augustine. We have lots of good activities and good places to eat here.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
We love Anastasia State Park. When traveling to the Keys we always stay at Anastasia......that of course is ALWAYS with a reservation.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed a couple of years ago at Bryn Mawr Ocean Resort the family really liked the place right off the ocean and it's nice and quite.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Campgrounds, Resorts, and Attractions forum from 5th Wheels.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Best one there is a new one with lot happening - Compass
We stayed there for a week - they were adding sites in the back and maybe they are even done now
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks