cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sugestions

myra128
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to advertise so i am not going to say where our RV park is. We have built it to a very high standard, maybe too high for where it is, but there we did it. We have sold 24 lots out of 105 and now its dried up, we only have passers bye who happen to notice it call in, we are selling but also renting. Can any RVer out there give us some idea how to get people to our park, we live in the UK (long story how we got in America) we are running out of money but don't want to let the people who have brought lots down, we don't want to cut and run, we want to stay and make it something special which everyone who see's it comment that its out of this world, but without RVers coming in and buying lots or renting lots we have little choice but to give in, we have no more money, we need help!
I hope this is ok to put on this site?
7 REPLIES 7

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that most places that sell sites usually purchase or create mailing lists and then offer free camping to get the customer in the door.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you hired an expert for search engine optimization? And remember to keep the website simple enough for fast loading for mobile users -- many folks will use their phones to look for convenient RV parks when they are on the road!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, any marketing efforts to get you noticed are also going to require more investment money. You got 24 people to buy in so there must be some redeeming qualities for your location? If you are near the interstate highways, maybe some billboards to attract transients.

Others have already suggested Woodalls and similar publications. A WEB site always helps, but work to get your site up the ladder on Google so that it comes up easily in the area.

What's the attraction to your area? To your CG? Play on the positives!

Worst case, look to sell before abandoning the tenants you already have. It may not be the best option, but it's much better than closing the gates.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I hear the desperation in your post and feel for the predicament you are in. I only wish I had a solution for you but I don't. Your concern for those who have purchased is commendable but in the end you may have to make very difficult choices. We still have a difficult economy to prosper in when operating on limited funding.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Camper_Mama_Bea
Explorer
Explorer
do you have a website? does it have the appropriate backend programing to be one of the first hits when a search is done for a campground in the area you are located?

are you overpriced for the area you are in? realizing your description of the type are park you built, it is still possible to be over priced.

another idea. we crossed paths with a campground at a RV show. it is primaraly a seasonal campground, and is under new ownership. the new owners made several changes and were over open with their promotion of what they have changed and what they have kept. one thing they added was a "day fee" so someone or a family could make their campground a day trip. they had a pool and may other activities that could be enjoyed by a day visitor. this is a great way for someone to tryout your campground prior to deciding to becoming seasonal.
Good Sam Life Members. Camping with two young children in a 2007 Pilgrim fifth wheel (278BHSS) pulled with a 2002 F350.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
If its an area of the region where people want to go as a destination, then I would suggest more advertising, not signage at the site.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you in Woodalls (Good Sam's) directory? Passport America or other groups? Do you have an entry in RVParkReviews.com? Woodalls and RVParks are the most important, that's how a lot of people find CG. National Parks list CG near them tho that's unlikely in Alabama. AAA list campgrounds in their state books.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper