cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SW Washington on the beach - short notice

Wrace
Explorer
Explorer
Found out we have next Friday and Monday off along with the weekend and would like to go camping in SW Washington. Our TT is currently at a seasonal spot in SW Washington so I'd like to stay in that general area. Also I'd like one where reservations can be made ahead of time as I'm just not willing to play the game of, 'will I find a spot' these days, particularly this time of year.

Having been rving/camping for many years in WA I'm well aware the chances of finding a spot at this point are slim to none but thought I'd ask here for ideas on campgrounds to check.

I've checked the following state parks on the beach:
Cape disappointment
Grayland beach
Twin harbors
Ocean city
Pacific

All are full with the exception of one spot available at Pacific if we arrive on Saturday instead of Friday. Pacific is also the longest drive from where our TT is located.

- I'm wondering if you all are familiar with decent private park options on the beach I could check?

- Does anybody know if it's common to have state park camp sites come available on their reservation website a day or two before the departure date? Maybe from folks who had to cancel their reservation. Just curious how frequently the website is updated.

- While we would like to camp at the ocean, we might be interested in something inland if that's all that is available. Any recommendations for inland campgrounds? We would prefer to stay north of Kelso if possible.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

legsnred
Explorer
Explorer
Kennanna Rv Park in Grayland is a real nice park.
:,)2003 F-350 4X4 PSD 2006 Everest 344J

Wrace
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
You have two identical posts going on so be sure to check the other one, also.

Thank you for letting me know that, I didn't realize I posted twice. The website was timing out occasionally when I was posting and I obviously launched two threads.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the state park site. You said "next Friday-Monday" - if you meant the 20th - 23rd, these parks have openings:

Ocean City State Park
Kitsap Memorial State Park
Fort Townsend State Park
and the Tacoma Power Parks: Taidnapam, Mossyrock and Alder Lake

There were many more parks with openings on those dates but I didn't know if the locations would suite you.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

dennis1
Explorer
Explorer
Try Ocean Park resort on Long Beach Pennisula. Great little resort park. It's not very pretty to look at but great people. Try OP resort. Good price.
My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You have two identical posts going on so be sure to check the other one, also.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Wrace
Explorer
Explorer
Fishinghat wrote:
Try Bayshore RV Resort in Tolkland, just south of Grayland Beach. We really like the place. The owners live in a house on the property.

Thanks. Is this the place?
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2941+Kindred+Ave/@46.7077662,-123.9865821,110m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3...

rollexx
Explorer
Explorer
You said Washington... But Fort Stevens, in Oregon near Cape Disappointment has one 60ft space open for those dates

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Bayshore RV Resort in Tolkland, just south of Grayland Beach. We really like the place. The owners live in a house on the property.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow