cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SwanBay Rv Resort -Alexandria bay NY

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone stayed at Swan Bay resort in Alexandria bay NY?
www.swanbayresort.com/

We are planning for late july there, good / bad?
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside
8 REPLIES 8

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
cool, thanks everyone.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last September for the 1st time. We had driven thru it before so we knew it was nice. Very nice experience. Will definitely go back. If you like to see the ships, get the "Marine Traffic" app on your phone and you'll know exactly when the ships will go by, where they're coming from and where they're headed, etc.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer

I was away for a few days and just getting caught back up on things and saw in my e-mail box a msg from SB and just like you said, about the RV and boat tech, that's new! Also mentioned about the new play ground for the little ones.

AC
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

315RLTSinPA
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL pretty much summed it up. Yes they are expensive. Yes it is a very nice campground. The campground seems to be very well thought out. As for cable, not a big deal. You can get a lot of stations with the antenna. And new this year is an onsite rv and boat repair tech.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tyler I agree...only been a handful of times I watched my TV. Most of the time in outside at the fire.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
NO CABLE!!!! The horror. If you want to watch TV stay home.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks ...my fishing is done at the market...not free but guaranteed catch.

I'm sure my wife has plans for the area, just want to make sure sites were like they advertise

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Brand new in '16. All sites are concrete and level, paved roads. Some sites offer views of the ships on the seaway, or can walk down to pier and watch them. Full hook ups BUT no cable tv!!! Why, I have no idea, doesn't make sense. Can walk to local Price Chopper supermarket (AWESOME Persians in bakery!!). Has gotten more popular since opening. IMO, a lil pricey, but overall, we go back there cuz we can fit into the sites, has 30/50amp power w/o a problem and full hook-ups. Last time we stayed there, I kept hearing a ships horn and was like "WTH?". It was very early morning and quite foggy. Ended up, the ship passed and was blowing his horn due to the fog. Very LONG ship. Kinda cool!!!!! Alex Bay is just a hop-skip-jump away. Has lost a lot of it's splendor over the years, but still we walk the main street. Uncle Sam Tour boat company at end of main street. Several places to eat in town. If you like steak, Cavalerios is very good and very pricey. If you want to go fishing, you can hook up w/ a local fishing guide for half or full day. If you've never been here fishing and experienced the guides shore dinner, you ought to. Maybe very pricey nowadays tho. Another good place to eat is The Clipper heading towards Clayton. Not as pricey as Cavalerios, but still a tad high.

Anyways, Swan Bay is very nice. IMO, opt for a site away from the pool/Tiki Bar area. Going there ourselves in Aug for a rally. If you want more info, PM me.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"