cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Table Mountain Campground near Wrightwood CA

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
Table Mountain Campground near Wrightwood CA, anyone stay here? Are most of the sites level? Not sure if we need to reserve for a mid week stay, looks like most sites are open on their reservation page.
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR
19 REPLIES 19

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
CORNFED "5-0" wrote:
I could not help but notice your name and jeep in your pict. If you have never been to Biig Bear there are some great jeep trails all over up there. There is a trail for almost every skill and equipment level.

Yes there are
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR

CORNFED__5-0_
Explorer
Explorer
I could not help but notice your name and jeep in your pict. If you have never been to Biig Bear there are some great jeep trails all over up there. There is a trail for almost every skill and equipment level.
Ruby Red 2016 F450 Crew-cab, 2008, 36' Cardinal.
Two daughters, Wife and me.

Retired with no free time!

ON THE SQUARE

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
Serrano was very nice. We did see of squirrels there also and was wondering who checks to see if they are healthy.
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
yj bill wrote:
We just reserved a site at Serrano in Big Bear instead.

Nice RV friendly NFS campground.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
yj bill wrote:

Good choice, nice campground.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
Crystal Lake had more than half the camping loops CLOSED a couple weeks ago, and the ones open were far too tight for a large rig. I'd guess 24' would be the absolute max you could fit in at Crystal Lake.
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

SoCal_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at Table mountain, the lower loop is tight but still doable 30ft the rest of the CG is about the same. Sites are somehwat level some more than others just like any other CG. You could try Crystal Lake Rec, MAX RV size 45ft. Not sure if you have multiple rigs or not but there is lots of CG in that area.

Aloha ~ Todd

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Up in that general region, check out the Dogwood campground near Arrowhead and Crestline. Very nice Federal campground, completely renovated a few years ago. Plenty of room for big rigs. We've stayed there a couple of times. Never stayed at Table Mt though it's not far from us.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw that! It's not looking good for my trip.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_23734195/campgrounds-near-wrightwood-close-after-bubonic-plague-detected
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Newsflash this morning - Several loops in Table Mountain closed thru the week-end due to a ground squirrel testing positive for plague. Yikes! Guess that's off the list for this week-end!
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a host in one of the largest, most level sites near the entrance.

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a host that will help with finding a site or tell you which ones are reserved?
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I'd scout it in my car if you're in so. CA. Its an easy drive from LA or OC and near the Mountain High ski area. You may be able to find a few spaces with clear access for a 35' RV. My heads up is not to get started on any of the campground loops without checking them first. One of them was tight enough I rubbed against brush in my Camry (no damage). I saw several smaller trailers which had been leveled with more than typical measures.

I did not write the rvparkreview regarding the motorhome, but I can understand how they sustained deep scratches.