cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Table Mountain Campground near Wrightwood CA

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
Table Mountain Campground near Wrightwood CA, anyone stay here? Are most of the sites level? Not sure if we need to reserve for a mid week stay, looks like most sites are open on their reservation page.
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR
19 REPLIES 19

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
tpi wrote:
I would not take most RVs into this campground without scouting the loops first. Several loops have grossly out of level sites. But more importantly a couple of the loops have very narrow and tight access roads with rocks and overgrown brush (unless it has been modified in the last year or so). Some areas of campground and sites are suitable for RVs but others are only for the smallest RVs or tents. It is a pretty area.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Wrightwood.html

So I guess it would be a risk to try to get a 35.5 footer in there...
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I would not take most RVs into this campground without scouting the loops first. Several loops have grossly out of level sites. But more importantly a couple of the loops have very narrow and tight access roads with rocks and overgrown brush (unless it has been modified in the last year or so). Some areas of campground and sites are suitable for RVs but others are only for the smallest RVs or tents. It is a pretty area.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Wrightwood.html

yj_bill
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice, good info, Thanks.
05 Dynaquest 320ST
2013 Jeep JKR

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed there and we loved it! 7200ft, cool crisp mountain air, pine scent from real pine trees... Ahhh! The town of Wrightwood is only a few miles down the road. There is also a neat visitor / nature center the other direction on hwy 2, the kids enjoyed it. Lots of hiking in the area, the Pacific Crest Trail goes through the area as well as the trail to the top of Mt Baden Powell named in honer of Lord Baden Powell, founder of the world scouting movement.

Despite the name, the campground is not particularly flat. Some of the sites somewhat level, some not as much. I think I had to use 2 lynx blocks for my TT in site 100. Many of the driveways are long, but may take a bit of manuvering to back into them due to trees across the road etc. At 30ish ft, neither of you should have problems. Mid week you should have no problems, there are 115 sites, about half are reservable, half are first come. They are often sold out on weekends. The pictures of each site on recreation.gov are pretty decent.

The road up to the campground from hwy 2 is somewhat steep and curvy, mostly 1st gear, but no nose meeting tail switchbacks. The roads in the campground can also be tight. Just take it very slow and easy.

We are looking forward to going again this year. Since I live to the west, we came up the big pines highway. No problems, again some 1st gear stuff (up and down) but turns not that tight. From SD I would take 15 to 138 to 2 through Wrightwood. The road to the campground is at the junction of Hwy 2 and Big Pines hwy, across the highway from Mountain High.
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
Ill be interested in any replies you get as we have been considering going there as well.
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N