cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The campground at Port Canaveral...

Mike_M2
Explorer
Explorer
I will be staying here for 2 nights on a quest in May to hit some top Florida beach bars. It will be my first stop heading south. I see many posts around the web about the place falling apart, but according to them they have spent a ton of cash in the last few years fixing the place up. Has anybody been there lately? What condition was it in? Is the beach crowded there at the inlet?
Mike M2
Thor Infinity 33SL
20 REPLIES 20

Mike_M2
Explorer
Explorer
Bluhorn wrote:
Well we made it! I really like this campground, a little rustic but very nice. Great store, nice and helpful employees. Everything seems to be in good shape. Very clean. Beach is not crowded at all but the fishing pier was when we were there. I will come back here. I think you will be pleasantly surprised Mike.

Good to hear!
Mike M2
Thor Infinity 33SL

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw you can tour the main hanger for another week until they shut it down for the new "space program" .
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Up until the late 80's there were still manned space shuttle flights from the cape on a pretty regular basis and lots of support people lived in the area. It also drew a lot of visitors for the launches, so there were a lot of CGs. My Dad was a space nut, so my folks had a double wide in a CG in Mims, just north of Canaveral. That CG and several others have disappeared. Not much interest in watching unmanned launches anymore.
But a visit to Cape Canaveral is still a vacation destination. They have a great space museum there. Last time I went through Titusville, their huge shopping center was empty - all the stores had closed.
The beaches are still popular, though.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

det62
Explorer
Explorer
If you head into the town of Cape Canaveral....go into Fishlips Bar and Grill and tell my daughter, Kim, hello :B
1994 Georgie Boy Pursuit 32 foot Class A

Debbie (owner, pilot and navigator):B
Steve (campfire starter):Z
Matthew - age 17 Got Fish ?? :@
Rebecca - age 16 Got Wi-fi ?? :h

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Beach should not be crowded.. We floridians stay away from water under 85 degrees:)

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
Well we made it! I really like this campground, a little rustic but very nice. Great store, nice and helpful employees. Everything seems to be in good shape. Very clean. Beach is not crowded at all but the fishing pier was when we were there. I will come back here. I think you will be pleasantly surprised Mike.
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Jetty RV Park about a year ago or more. Since it is a county run park, as best I could determine as I think the Port is also county run. With that in mind, the employees are county employees. The office staff were very cordial, well groomed, knew how to run the registers, etc. but were clueless on what sized sites to assign to different sized rigs. The 5th wheel that ended up next to us, was assigned to 4 different sites before he got one he would fit into and had access to back in. They finally let him walk the park and pick one himself. LOL

Where we were parked, there was a day use area between us and the ship channel but we had a great view of the harbor traffic coming in and out. The day use area is very popular with locals for fishing, family reunions, birthday parties, etc. It closes at night and is gated off. Port security is everywhere as you might imagine, with the campground being fenced in, not a problem to be seen during the 3 or 4 nights we stayed.

Large ships of all types use this port, especially the cruise ships, several different lines, including the Mouse Ships, run out of here. Our site appeared to have been totally redone in recent months, new pad, new utilities for water, sewer and electric. Everything worked great and for the area, I felt the prices charged were in line.

We have been talking about going back to spend a few days as it is a half day or less drive for us to get there. For young kids there is a very nice, new looking, playground area in the day use part of the complex. Maintenance and cleanliness were impeccable at the park, IMHO. They also have some new camping cabins if anyone is interested in such.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
And after the shops go out of the port they open their doors for the morning's customers and sink like rocks!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
If the Wifi works I will let you know.
Chance The Senior Husky

Mike_M2
Explorer
Explorer
Please let me know what you think. Directly next to the park is Port Canaveral, which has a lot of nightlife including Grills Bar which we enjoy.
Mike M2
Thor Infinity 33SL

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
I hope its decent. I will be there on Monday.
Chance The Senior Husky

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there about 1.5 years ago. They just finished making more sites full hook up and some other grounds additions. We enjoyed it, very close and easy walk to the beach. The beach was not crowded at all, but I am comparing that to the gulf beaches (tampa area) which can be very crowded. It is interesting to watch the shops go in /out of the port. The space center is about 20 minutes away and the new exhibit with the space shuttle is open, my brother went a few months ago and said it was awesome.

We will go again... There are 5 rows (about 30 sites) of full hook sites nearest to the water the have some shade and are the nicest, IMO..

Margaritaville
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Jetty last month and found the campground to be nice. It's close to Cocoa Beach and as said before, an hour from Daytona. The area surrounding the campground was quiet, not a place to party. We enjoyed watching the cruise ships going out, especially after dark. Yes, it is a destination campground for Cape Canaveral.

H345
Explorer
Explorer

Jetty Park is not a party scene / bar area . It is a no frills public beach and campground that is over
priced .