Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Boondocking in the Snow* -- Trip Report

We just got back from several days of snow* camping. The asterisk is because the snow quickly turned to slush. But we really did have six inches of fresh snow on the ground when we set up camp, so that counts, doesn't it? Maybe not.Anyway, here is...

Do you make reservations?

We always used to make reservations ..... Just in case, you know. We are finishing up our 1st round-the-USA + 2 Provinces of Canada trip. We found you only need to have reservations on Holiday weekends. Otherwise, just show up. They have a spot ...

Is this a ripoff or what??

A few weeks ago I went up to Lake George NY for an event. My brother was staying at Ledgeview Village RV park. Since it was after peak season most of the park's facilities were closed. My wife and I came to stay overnight in my brother's fifth wheel ...

Jenny Wiley State Park KY

We will be going to Jenny Wiley State Park in three weeks from Orlando, Fl. I have been told to avoid Loops B & C with a large RV. I see by the map that there are two ways into the state park. Anyone been there and have any suggestions as to the be...

Trixie47 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Village at Cedar Point! UPDATE w/PICS

Very! Nice place. We arrived on Sun. And am very impressed with the campground. Check in was slow, but ok. I can tell you that Disney and Fort Wilderness could take a tip or 2 on how to make a campground look beautiful! The Fort is nice, but nothing ...

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Lucked Out

We bought a new TT in July. We have been able to use it three times so far. For Thanksgiving we were planning on camping at St. George Island in North Florida. It's one of my favorite places. My parents are also going to camp with us in our campe...

Two Useful BRP Map Websites

(I never know whether to put Parkway posts here or in Roads & Routes, since it's both a national park and a road.)If you want to know if any section of the Blue Ridge Parkway is closed, here is a web map that's updated daily: http://maps.nps.gov/blri...

Review of Kenisee Lake Thousand Trails in Jefferson, OH

We visited the Thousand Trails park, Kenisee Lake in Jefferson, OH over July 4th of this year. It held quite a portion of our Comedy of Errors. What drew us Kenisee Lake is that it is approximately equal distance from Baltimore, MD as it is the India...

Passport America and Weekends

When traveling, I prefer to stay in public campgrounds on weekdays and private RV parks only on Friday and Saturday. While considering whether or not a PA membership would be worthwhile for me, I have come across some indication that PA is not honor...

Key West Florida

Looking to go to Key West FL and stay a week. I have two girls 5, and 2. We are looking for a fun family oriented place with full Class A 50 amp hook up. Playground and swimming pool. Possibly a hot tub spa. Restaurants near by. Any suggestions...

appd221 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Lums Pond SP DE, Tuckahoe SP MD or St. Michaels MD

Going to St. Michaels MD for the Mid Atlantic Small Craft (boat) Festival this weekend. Will be tent camping. Closest place seems to be Tuckahoe State Park MD. Lums Pond State Park DE also is attractive with its ropes course for the teens.Anyone have...

Haley by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes