cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Population is dwindling

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
How is it at your place? Here every morning we wake up someone is leaving for home and looks like it will be pretty empty by the end of the month. We Leave on the 27th for Stone Mountain and take our time getting back to a still cold New England. Time down here just goes too fast, may be time to start thinking of full time:):)
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)
20 REPLIES 20

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Posted the following in the Anybody Getting Itchy thread;

We are seeing, at least here in Casa Grande, AZ., more and more every day for the last week rigs pulling out and presumably heading North.

We'll be doing the same this Thursday but taking our time getting back to our home base in Reno on the 28th.

Sure enjoyed everything about this area especially the warm weather and all the activities where we stayed....but time has flown by.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe they're not all heading straight home.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same here. I don't understand it. It has been a cold winter( MS gulf shore) even here in the south and everyone that snowbirds is in a big yank to get back home. Why they don't relax and enjoy a little sunshine and let it get to spring up north, we don't understand. We are here until the end of April and then head north for a summer volunteer position.

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
People just plane cant afford it no more, and they cant keep up with the drive to get their, me in my 5w and my dad in his diesel A will go to will be going to Miami next year, this year we went to las Vegas, thier was no gambling I promise.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Bye
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
We're in the west this year and I can't say we've noticed it getting less full in the campgrounds. We never stay too long in one place so perhaps we haven't noticed? We understand what you say about the winter time slipping away. As Canadians we have to head north always before we want to as we only get 6 months in your country. We're hoping for a change on that....sure would be nice to stay longer and miss more of that Canadian cold.