cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tom Sawyer RV Park

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
This amazing campground is one of the best kept secrets! Right on the bank of the Mississippi, about 4 miles off I-40/I55 in West Memphis Arkansas. We were there this weekend, saw huge river barges passing literally right in front of us. The American Queen Riverboat passed by Saturday afternoon on its way to New Orleans. Just beautiful. Not a lot of shade but there was always a good breeze blowing in from the river. Its easy in and out if you need an overnite place while passing thru Memphis or its only 10 or 15 minutes from downtown Memphis.
9 REPLIES 9

autiger74
Explorer
Explorer
One of our favorites.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
We stay there couple of time one time after flood we see some picture we don't believe how high the water was in the camp.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The park flooded every spring for several years. They still opened the upper part of it, and then the lower once repairs were made. We loved our stay there - not a secret, for sure. ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Not a secret mentioned on here over and over
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
We were there during Memphis in May. Went to the BBQ on the river, was our second tome there.
Can't say enough about the park. We really enjoy watching the barges on the river.

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
We have stopped overnight several times there on our way to Atlanta and it's always been a pleasure. Really neat as other have said to watch the boats.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were there right after the big flood, while they were still working out of the temporary office. The North end of the park was fully restored and they were re-wiring the South end. I don't think there has been major flooding along that part of the river since.

We really enjoyed watching the towboats working up and down river, particularly at night.

We will stop there again the next time we are along the river.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there 4 0or 5 years ago and really enjoyed my stay ! Was wondering if there electric service was fine ? I believe the whole park was flooded a few years back ?
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
X2!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.