cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP....Need a monthly space for July/Aug...

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
I took a chance on a mobile home park in Goleta CA for the summer and it has been a complete nightmare. I need out -- now. I'm open to anything, preferably w/in 2 days drive. Someplace relatively cool or not over 85/90 in the heat of the summer.

Are you somewhere nice with some open spaces for monthly rates in July/Aug? *Quiet*...Rent $750 or under?

I have a 36' fifth-wheel.
8 REPLIES 8

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input, Folks. I have an internet business so I can be nearly anywhere. Del Mar was last year, I'll change that. I move a few times a year but spend so much time working I don't have it in me to move too much. There weren't many options in this area so I decided to take a chance on this mobile home park. Oy....awful.

I stayed last winter at a resort in Mesa and am heading back there in Sept (four months for the price of one, who can pass that up?)so I really don't want to go too far for just two months.

Lesson learned. Not doing this again.

Craigslist is how I got into this mess, ha.... Someone wrote me when I placed an ad asking about space on private property and told me about this place. But that reminds me. There were a few options on private land that I should check out. Inland more, it'll be warmer...but I'll check 'em out.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP, you need to provide more info. Your profile says you're currently in Del Mar, (San Diego) but you've mentioned Goleta, (Santa Barbara). Are you working near SB so you need a place to park your rig or are you simply traveling and wanting to kick back somewhere? The west coast is a BIG place. We're currently on the mid Oregon coast where temps are 59 degrees...and that's the HIGH temp...brrrrr..Have you considered work kamping as an alternative....?..Pyramid Lake was looking for workers....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked craigslist? There may be people willing to rent a spot on their land. I saw one recently on craigslist with full hook ups, on a lake for $350/month. I'm sure the electric might be metered. But it wasn't in California.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Robbin's Nest RV Park in Bandon, Oregon.

Robbin's Nest
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Pacific Pines, Florence OR

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
That sort of dude ranch place? Do you have to be a Thousand Trails member? I could go higher than $750 for the right place, and if I didn't have to travel far.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots of parks along the Santa Barbara coast...the $750/month may prove to be an issue though...might try the Thousand Trails park just north and above Santa Barbara. I believe they now do monthly rentals....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Slate_CM
Explorer
Explorer
The southern Oregon coast is nice this time of year. Temps rarely get over mid 70s.