cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tombstone Arizona

Iluvrvcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Will be stoping in Tombstone around the 1st week of Jan. for a few days. Any recommendations for Rv Parks? Full hook ups.
19 REPLIES 19

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
soricobob wrote:
Don't know what your plans/itinerary entail but I'd stay in Benson (Butterfield RV and Observatory is the only RV park in the U.S. with a free observatory, and lecture/lesson). Make Tombstone/Karchner/Huachua day trips.

I'll second this suggestion!
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

sremsing
Explorer
Explorer
Can't remember the name of the place, but we stayed right in town. Old tombstone was a half block walk from there.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD quad cab, Vortec 6000
Prodigy
2011 Rockwood 2604
wife and one fur buddy.

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know what your plans/itinerary entail but I'd stay in Benson (Butterfield RV and Observatory is the only RV park in the U.S. with a free observatory, and lecture/lesson). Make Tombstone/Karchner/Huachua day trips.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Executive wrote:
Depends if you want right in Tombstone or not. You might try Tombstone Territories RV Resort in Huachuka City about 10 miles from Tombstone. Take lots of cash because it's a tourist trap. Only thing left that's free is the walk through Boot Hill. There's a cover charge for EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. They even want charge to visit the gift shop in the courthouse. Sad, really...but, it is a beautiful setting and the surrounding area is worth the visit. Be sure to visit Bisbee.

BTW..TT RV Resort is a passport america park. Mention you saw their ad on the internet and you'll get a substantial discount.....Dennis

Tombstone Territories RV Resort

Seems like a lot of places are scalping everyone now - used to be at least the air was free. Tourist area were selling T-shirts and hats, then buying fell off, so prices went up to cover low volumne, the prices went up because the tourist came back. Then the $25 t-shirt lasted a few weeks ... so, the tourists stopped buying.

When vendors historic town has nothing of quality to offer, people stop buying. SO, they decide air, dirt, roof over you, door fee, and there they have it. When someone charges me for air, or a fee to come in a browse in order to buy something, it's time to hit the road. We wanted to buy T-shirts in Sedona, and couldn't find a single vendor with any kind of quality T ... it seems like they all buy from the same 'sewing club' and sell the same shirts for different prices ... weird. We didn't buy, and split ...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends if you want right in Tombstone or not. You might try Tombstone Territories RV Resort in Huachuca City about 10 miles from Tombstone. Take lots of cash because it's a tourist trap. Only thing left that's free is the walk through Boot Hill. There's a cover charge for EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything. They even want charge to visit the gift shop in the courthouse. Sad, really...but, it is a beautiful setting and the surrounding area is worth the visit. Be sure to visit Bisbee.

BTW..TT RV Resort is a passport america park. Mention you saw their ad on the internet and you'll get a substantial discount.....Dennis

Tombstone Territories RV Resort
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG