cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turquoise Trail Campground and RV

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I've searched this forum and did not find any feedback on this RV Park in Cedar Crest, New Mexico, East of Albuquerque. We have a 35' Bighorn fifth wheel that we tow with a dually. Can anyone provide any first hand feedback on this park for our size of setup? The reviews I've read are mixed, some good, some bad. My MIL lives in Albuquerque and she's been up there. Says there's lots of trees and road is narrow and wouldn't recommend it, but she doesn't drive an RV either. So looking for feedback from someone who's been there. Our next selection will be Central Albuquerque KOA, 5 minutes from her house. We've stayed there before and it's clean and neat, but we were possibly looking at a change.

Thanks.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton
10 REPLIES 10

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you your response 1971duster340! I too looked at the aerial views on both Google Maps and Google Earth and it's full, but so are all the other RV parks that I've viewed in that area.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
Hhmmm, haven't thought about Turquoise Trail in awhile. Stayed there many times...maybe 15 yrs. ago, but only as recent as 6 yrs. Hwy 14 off I40 is 4 lane, certainly not narrow. You only drive 1/4 mile off 14 on a gravel road to get to the office. OK place, no frills. Some trees, but we always parked in an open area. Most sites are pullthru and gravel. I don't remember any maneuvering, utility, leveling or neighbor issues. There were a few more longtimers over the years, but there was always a spot for us.
The aerial photo shows many RVs, almost full, so I suspect they are permanent. Also it looks like more sites have been added since our last stay. We started staying at American RV Park West of ABQ as our campers got larger.
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Red Eagle wrote:
Stayed at this campground last summer for one nite, while traveling west to Flagstaff. Remember turning off I-40 and driving uphill 2-3 miles(?). The campground is just west of the paved road at the top of the mtn. It was okay for an overnite stay. The lady mgr was very nice. There seemed to be a number of long-term campers as well as travelers like us. We ate at a nearby restaurant before settling in for the nite. I had no problems with this campground.

Thank you, Red Eagle. What do you RV in and did you find the roads rough or narrow?

Red_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at this campground last summer for one nite, while traveling west to Flagstaff. Remember turning off I-40 and driving uphill 2-3 miles(?). The campground is just west of the paved road at the top of the mtn. It was okay for an overnite stay. The lady mgr was very nice. There seemed to be a number of long-term campers as well as travelers like us. We ate at a nearby restaurant before settling in for the nite. I had no problems with this campground.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies - Thank you. I'll check into the distance from Albuquerque on Cochiti Lake CoE CG.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind distance, Cochiti Lake Corp of Engineer campground is very nice. There are electric and non-electric sites for big rigs.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Roy&Lynne! I didn't know Google Maps had reviews. I'll check it out.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed that google maps has reviews and there are 3 of them from the last 2 weeks, one gives them a 1 star, a 5 star and a 3 star. It might help or just confuse.

Google Maps Reviews

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/new-mexico/cedar-crest

reviews say sites are tight and gets muddy if it rains.

Thank you but I saw this review, so I was hoping from some first hand experience.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/new-mexico/cedar-crest

reviews say sites are tight and gets muddy if it rains.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi