cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washington State

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
So long story short, our big trip has fizzled due to family illness and would like suggestions for great camping stops closer to home. Does anyone have a favorite go to spot in Washington?
22 REPLIES 22

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
More info, like your RV type and size, style of camping enjoyed, fishing, etc, would be helpful. Looked at your blog, and looks like you may be more into dispersed than campgrounds.

East side has lots of NF campgrounds, and dispersed sites. North of Wintrop along the Chewuch River are many NF sites and open camping. West of Tonasket there are plenty of forest sites and fishing sites (Discover Pass may be needed). East of Chesaw there is a very nice, quiet spot at Beth Lake NF CG. Consider going further east to the Lake Roosevelt area and the Nat Rec Area.

Just some quick thoughts!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm thinking that Oregon and Washington might be my cup of tea this coming summer too! Leave the deserts for another trip....with that being said, I did many of the Oregon Thousand Trail Parks a few years back but didn't go any further north into Washington so I'll be watching here too for suggestions and Idea's for this coming year.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
So much to see and do in Washington, where to start? I never tire of highway 97 especially when fruit is in season. Mile after mile of orchards and fruit stands. Beebe bridge near Chelan has a beautiful campground on the river, it is terrraced so the back rows get a gorgeous view. Sunrises are spectacular.
We also enjoyed Westport, beautiful beaches. There are no local grocery stores, nearest is Aberdeen but fresh seafood can be bought off the pier. Oh yeah!!

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much. Love all the ideas

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty see and do in the Columbia River Gorge. Grew up there and been back many times and always find new things.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

2scootn
Explorer
Explorer
The peninsula is great. Depending on when you go, the state parks may be hard to get in to (Fort Worden and Fort Flagler) but Port Ludlow has a privately owned RV park that's great. Port Townsend is a neat little town and has a fabulous farmer's market on Saturdays uptown. Port Gamble and Poulsbo are nearby as well. You could take the Keystone ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island for the day, too. Lots of options.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
While DW and I didnโ€™t take the 5er, rather her PT Crusier Rag atop, we did a Dam Wine trip.
We stopped at the Dams of the Columbia and nearby wineries and breweries. We took in a lot of beautiful country.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Whidbey Island, Dry Falls, Anicordis, Neah Bay, Just to name a few all great places to go and stay a while