cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Watkins Glen

searfoss
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering Watkins Glen State Park in NY for a week stay. (We have been to Letchworth State Park twice and want try another park) When I was on the website to check out the park it doesn't have anything other larger than 30 TT. I usually type in 40 foot TT so there is room for the TT and the truck.

So I wanted to ask fellow RV'rs who have been there if the sites are small. And ask what anyone could tell me about and has photographs of Ground Mohawk Village Loop
Poconos Pennsylvania
2016 Kodiak 286 BHSL
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear

RIP Mike, we miss you so much
5 REPLIES 5

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
Too tough for me to get around in a larger fifth wheel. We stay at Sampson, Cayuga Lake or Keuka Lake State parks. Sampson is the closest to town of Watkins Glen. Your camping pass at a State Park is good st any other state park during your stay.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't remember the CG road being difficult & there were at least a few sites more than big enough for our 36'LOA 5er a few years ago.

No idea what the site # was but we sort of had a view of the town below outback.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

jamway
Explorer
Explorer
We camped there a few years ago with 30 ft. 5th wheel. I don't know what loop we were in but we had plenty of room.
Happy Camping

2004 2500 CTD HO LB 4X4 auto
2005 Discover America 29 RL

James

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Watkins has too many twists and turns and the sites are not long enough. We haven't camped there since we went up from a 32.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
The site I had last year was large enough for the biggest rig I have ever seen and would still have had plenty of room left over. If you need a number, pm me and I will have wife look it up.

Looked it up. Site #81 in Mohawk village loop. I will bet I could get two forty footers end to end on it.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work