cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where are you going for the 4th of July?

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
We will spend 5 days at Carlsbad State beach in So.California. Have a great 4th and enjoy those burgers.
74 REPLIES 74

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Rend Lake in southern Illinois.

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
On the 7th we are leaving to go to the Fremont, Indiana jellystone for a week. They have 4 pools and 3 waterslides. Never been there but hope its fun. We booked it in February and already sited were limited.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

caseyhoward
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Monterey county CA fair grounds
Irish Tinkers

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Just retired so this year we planned to stay home for the holiday weekend and leave out July 8th for a 6 week trip. To everyone traveling this weekend be safe and have a great time.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Once again, I drug my feet, so I am sitting on the couch reading this forum and envious of all the great places you all are going. Have fun and stay safe. Happy 4th.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking we are going up to a spot about 50 miles from home.
If possible we might head for Tahoe and the over the lake show.

Just a small picnic outing to get away from the neighboring party gangs at home.
Hopefully less chaos and no to minimum illegal fireworks.

We have people around here that refuse to heed the illegal fireworks warnings.
Hoping the fire volunteers can stop more of the abusers this year.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I really want to camp this weekend, but every place around here is a complete zoo on holiday weekends.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We hear that Jackson, WY. Puts on quite a fireworks show. Launch location has been found &viewing location hopefully away from the town traffic also checked out.

All set
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Heading over to the Huron side of the Manistee-Huron National Forest for some boon docking or rustic camping. Hopefully I'll find a spot in the Horseshoe Lake CG, if not, I have a few backup spots to check out.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
After the Anacortes community parade, we're staying home with some of the kids and grand kids visiting, and sharing time with our great neighbors.

I'l also be harvesting my planted oysters, clams and mussels from our beach, and I'll also put out and retrieve my Dungeness Crab pots for a seafood extravaganza.

We also live close to the Swinomish Indian Reservation and their un-restricted fireworks, so the neighborhood will have quite a show.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

deffenm
Explorer
Explorer
We leave tomorrow to head to Hickory Star Campground and Marina on Norris Lake, TN. I am sure it will be packed but it was the only time we could get get a way.

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago we started to go someplace for the 4th to see what some of the different celebrations are. Bend Oregon has the greatest little pet parade and fireworks from the top of pilot butte. Prosser Wa shoots off the fireworks from the HS stadium and there is a geat car show and parade there also. Of course going to the wine tasting mall is awesome. Fruita Co also has a great fireworks show that you can see from the RV park and of course,having a growler of beer from Kaanen Valley Brewery is a plus.
This year we're going to Point Hudson Marina and RV park in Port Townsend to watch " The Fourth at the Fort " where they shoot the fireworks off the beach at Fort Worden. We'll also be trying to get tickets to the friday PM Fiddle Tunes workshop at Fort Worden also.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got ourselves in for the duration. Gros Ventre cg, Grand Teton NP. The place is almost full already. Nice cg. Much nicer than expected.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
It's quiet right now in myrtle beach. So much rain, everyone is inside. Supposed to let up some by Wednesday and Thursday.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L