cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where's everyone going this year?

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Michigan with a ton of snow and camping season won't start for a few months, but the planning stage is well underway.

This year we have plans to visit:
Michigan: Camp Dearborn- our first visit
Michigan: Port Huron KOA- our first visit, they have go carts
Indiana: Fremont Yogi Bear- repeat. My daughter's favorite campground
Michigan: Silver lake sand dunes, Yogi Bear- our 18th annual trip
Michigan: Waterloo state park, our first visit

And the mother of all trips for us, a 2 week trip to
DC: Cherry Hill
Virginia, Norfolk/Jamestown: Maybe Virginia Beach KOA.
Maryland: Assateague Island, SP. I have a 5 night reservation with electricity. Hooray!
NJ/NYC: Liberty Harbor to visit NYC.

Where's everyone else going?
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog
68 REPLIES 68

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our big trip in May & June of this year had to be cancelled. We were going to Arizona & Utah's Monument Valley, Utah's Canyonland & Arches NP, then the Grand Teton's, then Yellowstone, then Littlebighorn National battlefield, then the Blackhills, including Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse, and Badlands National Park.

Cancelled due to the impending birth of twin grand sons during the time we'd be gone.

Will miss the big trip, but I'm not going to be across the country when the little urchins are born.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

DelawareCamper
Explorer
Explorer
seashore state park in Delaware a few times,
Big Barrel Country Music Festival Dover Delaware
Spring Fling Harrington Delaware
Sportsman Bash Cumberland Maryland,,,

ekirkland
Explorer
Explorer
Our trip for late March through April; all in Florida:
Ho Hum RV Park, Carrabelle
Manatee Springs SP
Koreshan SP
Bahia Honda SP
Curry Hammock SP
Sebastian Inlet SP
Lake Louisa SP
Anastasia SP
Home

This will be our first big trip with our new Jayco Whitehawk
Eddie & Liz
Auburn, AL
=====================
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2017 - 53

Heavy_Metal_Doc
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Some of these plans make ours seem so small! But, we are still working regular "working people" kinda jobs.....someday we will get to those multi-weeks-long trips....
I'm sure there will be more quick weekend close in trips, but so far
this year set plans will be:

Mid-June - somewhat flexible schedule:
1 or 2 days near Father-In-Laws west of Minneapolis.
2 or 3 days dry camping in Buffalo Gap Nat'l. Grassland
4 to 6 days at the Black Hills
then head home - stopping for a day in IL or IN depending one time and how we feel.

August:
One week family group camping trip at our local (semi-local, anyway) favorite, Buttonwoood CG on the Juniata River in PA.

Jim_n_Steph
Explorer
Explorer
We will be doing weekend trips this year, so far this is what we have planned Potato Creek SP IN multiple weekends, Prophets Town SP IN, Yogi Bear Silver Beach MI,
2003 Silverado 1500HD Vortec 6.0 4.10 2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS

dfrost
Explorer
Explorer
michigansandzilla wrote:
dfrost wrote:
First shakedown trip in our new 5th wheel is going to take place as soon as the snow melts enough to take possession! Where? Not sure!

After that, we have scheduled campout at Algonac SP in MI. Then summer vacay will be South Dakota to see Mt Rushmore and everything else we can fit in the week we are there. After that, lots of Michigan state parks!

We were just at Algonac SP in September. Nice time. I liked it but was disappointed the main road ran right between the CG and the river. Watching the freighters was very neat though. And the area was nice as well.

We go to Algonac a few times each year! It's the closest state park to where we live. I love watching the freighters too! My favorite part about the place. Yeah, I was dissapointed at first about the road, but you get used to it! Met some really great ppl while camping there!
Bruce & Terry
2003 F250 Lariet CC w/7.3 PSD Fx4 Full gauge pack
2009 Laredo 245RL 5th wheel
1990 27' HiLo (TT with a Vertical Slide)
2 Chi's, Spencer and Lexi

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
To Hell if I don't change my ways.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
In 3 Weeks head out for the;
Northern California coast from Mendocino all the way to Cape Lookout State Park in Oregon near Tillamook via Hwy 1 and 101 then work my way back to OKC.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
michigansandzilla wrote:

Yep, the reality for us is two working adults with three school aged kids and a max of 2 weeks of vacation time. You have to micro-plan to get anywhere while the kids are growing. With so little vacation time, you have to camp on weekends when everyone else is camping. You have to plan 6 months out to get a site. That's just how it is.

I have 2016 plans too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sounds a lot like us! Let me know what you think of Camp Dearborn. It's very close to our home. We love MI state parks and missed out on Ludington for the week of the 4th. 6 months and 15 days prior to checkout you have 30 seconds to book at some parks.

I usually have the whole summer planned already, somewhere every other weekend in Michigan's lower peninsula. This year we are taking first camping trip outside MI in the 5 years we've had the TT.

April 3-12: South Carolina - west side for family and 3 nights in Charleston.
June 12-15: South Higgins Lake Sate Park
June 26-July 5: Massachusetts and NH

No reservations after that yet, but I expect a trip to Duck Creek RV Resort in Muskegon (MI Adventure) and one more, maybe Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes area (Indigo Bluffs in Empire).

This seem like a good year to tow 4500+ miles at 8mpg. ๐Ÿ™‚
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
dfrost wrote:
First shakedown trip in our new 5th wheel is going to take place as soon as the snow melts enough to take possession! Where? Not sure!

After that, we have scheduled campout at Algonac SP in MI. Then summer vacay will be South Dakota to see Mt Rushmore and everything else we can fit in the week we are there. After that, lots of Michigan state parks!

We were just at Algonac SP in September. Nice time. I liked it but was disappointed the main road ran right between the CG and the river. Watching the freighters was very neat though. And the area was nice as well.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
dodge guy wrote:
bukhrn wrote:
West,
Oh
Il
Sd
Nd
Wy
Mt
I'd
Wa
Or
Ca
Az
Ut
Co
Back to Il, then back to Va

WOW! going to see all of each state! It would take at least a month per state.
I wish, just some things in each state, I don't think you could see everything in each state in a month. Nice thought though. :B
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

dfrost
Explorer
Explorer

Bruce & Terry
2003 F250 Lariet CC w/7.3 PSD Fx4 Full gauge pack
2009 Laredo 245RL 5th wheel
1990 27' HiLo (TT with a Vertical Slide)
2 Chi's, Spencer and Lexi

GGeorge
Explorer
Explorer
No snow here now but cold enough to freeze my body. I have spent the past hour reading where everyone else is going this year, so I thought I would add my $.02.

I will be traveling within 100 miles of my home in Ohio this year. The SO retires in December 2015 then watch out world cause here we come.

I have 1 trip planned from Ohio to Alaska and back which is just short of 13 months and 1 trip planned to the west coast which is an additional 11 months.

I cant wait till January 2016.

GGeorge
GGeorge
Marietta, Ohio
2014 Coachmen Encounter
2010 Jeep Liberty

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well who knows... Since DD is not in Friday Harbor Washington any longer. DW & I may just wonder around aimlessly and go where the urge takes us.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn wrote:
West,
Oh
Il
Sd
Nd
Wy
Mt
I'd
Wa
Or
Ca
Az
Ut
Co
Back to Il, then back to Va

WOW! going to see all of each state! It would take at least a month per state.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!