angel3
Explorer
Explorer
Is 5 days enougf time to see the dells
14 REPLIES 14

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
they are small will give you that but sites in the dells are on top of each other, I fit my 33ft travel trailer on the site I get with no problem

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
The only downside of Fox Hills, very small sites.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
a real nice campground to stay at is outside of the dells just far enough but still close ,it is called fox hill resort it is located by Baraboo great prices much cheaper than some of the closer campgrounds in the dells . we have looked at a lot of campgrounds when we go up there and this is one of the best, great owners super clean shower houses and scheduled activities for the kids to do if you have some. check there website out you would not be disappointed even have free wifi

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is plenty to do. we are going again this year. we are staying at Stand Rock Campground. must do`s are the Original Ducks, a water park (Noah`s Ark), maybe a horse back ride, if you feel like it rent a pontoon boat on the Upper Dells. I`ve been going up there since I was a kid. most of the original Dells is long gone, but some still remains and the others have been replaced by water/amusement parks. as was said, if you pick and choose what to see you will have a great time. and you will definitely want to order The Wisconsin Dells travel guide.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

angel3
Explorer
Explorer
We are going in September and only have 5 days to stay there. We probably will not go to a water park.

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it should be. We like staying at Stand Rock campground, a short drive into the Dells. The ducks are a fun boat ride, if you want to explore and get away from the dells go horseback riding in Mauston and check out Red Ridge Ranch for a great ride. Devils lake state park is a great day place to hike also. Less crowds during the week.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I would say no way we have been up there many years in a row for about ten days each and only choose to do a few things each year and we still have things we have not done yet. Up there it is all about water.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Should be enough and if you make it Monday thru Friday it will be less crowded and easier to get into the park you want.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
It's like a pair of handcuffs ...

It's a two wrist trap.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
5 days at the Dells and you'll be exhausted and broke! There's so much to do. It all depends upon your stamina, how fast you can get around, your age, and interests. Remember to build in some "down time" so you can rest, and eat, and sleep! (I guess I'm showing my age, hum?)

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
Should be fine, I would suggest getting the visitors guide then ranking what you want to do. There are several places in town that sell attraction packages that will save you $$. If you do the Tommy Bartlett show I recommend the night show. Just passing along what we have learned from past visits.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
5 days? Bring alot of money! It's a great area. Enjoy and have fun.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
If you like water parks - one full day at each would be sufficient. There are 5 or 6 big name parks there and a few smaller ones. You won't see them all. I don't know of a "universal pass" either.

If you like duck boat rides, train rides, museums, and exhibits - one full day.

In the area: Spring Green, Frank Lloyd Wright home tour (Tailspin), Circus Museum at Baraboo, and the amazing "House on the Rock" which was more interesting to me than the water parks!

You can easily spend 5 days in the Dells area - with a variety of activities to your liking. If you're in a motorhome though, have access to a car to get around.
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
angel3 wrote:
Is 5 days enougf time to see the dells

More than enough, it is the water park capital of the world and lots of attractions. The real attraction the Dells is over shadowed by the other.

Kids have fun there.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks