Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Basically totally boondocking in VT your not to far away I just worry about someone on drugs etc just coming into the forest and causing trouble knowing there's no cell service etc. Not sure about varying a gun or not. Yup about being older 60's would define it??

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
The first time we boondocked, I was nervous being all alone, but DH was not. It took me only one trip to get hooked. Anything else is noisy.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
VT Skier, what are you nervous about? And define "older" -- I am 62, and we boondock all the time. Yes, there are things that we have to do to compensate for age -- I can't lift really heavy things without very carefully positioning myself, for example. But as they say, age and judgment is often better than youth and ignorance!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Up lander a fellow VT'er here we would love to boondocks at places like Greensale in So VT but are a it nervous about being out there all alone we are a bit older .

DesertFront
Explorer
Explorer
Boondocking with my Viking
Tow vehicle; 2013 Nissan Frontier CrewCab Pro-4X
Mods; 2" coil over lift/AAL's rear
LT285/75 R16 Kelly TSR, Flowmaster
RV; 2014 Coachman Viking 14R. TT
Mods; leaf springs moved on top of axle, Kenda Loadstar ST225/75D15

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

DesertFront
Explorer
Explorer
Desert boondocking

[img][/img][img][/img]
Tow vehicle; 2013 Nissan Frontier CrewCab Pro-4X
Mods; 2" coil over lift/AAL's rear
LT285/75 R16 Kelly TSR, Flowmaster
RV; 2014 Coachman Viking 14R. TT
Mods; leaf springs moved on top of axle, Kenda Loadstar ST225/75D15

frizzen
Explorer
Explorer

Hunter's canyon, Moab Oct 2012
I need some wild

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
scmense wrote:
I just viewed all 75 pages and enjoyed it completely. Most of my boon docking has been in Western Kansas the last ten years but have stayed in some unbelievably beautiful spots fossil hunting.
Unfortunately, I also have an IPad and cannot post pictures. Although I am younger than up lander, only 67, I am a technical washout. Love this type of camping however and thoroughly enjoyed this thread.
Welcome Kansan! Love the western part of Kansas too and often say it is one of my favorite places to explore and boondock.

Actually you can post from your iPad. Save this link in your contact list(below in BOLD BLUE), like title it RV.net Sites when you click on the below link, go to the url bar and touch it and it will populate with the tag info of the URL, Hit; Select ALL then hit(touch) Copy, then go and paste it into the link of your contacts and you will have it saved.

Now go back to the same link (Safari Page) open the previous page or paste the link you just copied. Touch the tab in the center of the page and you will get a choice of where you want to go to your photos on your iPad Photo Page. Simply click on your Camera Roll, look for the picture, touch it and a pop up with come up and hit USE in the upper right hand corner or bottom corner. If you want to get pictures onto your iPad, send the pictures from any computer to your email that you have on your iPad. Save the photos to your iPad Photo Catalog. Then repeat the above procedure again.

Pretty simple, now for the link;

Clicky to Photo Posting Link by RV.net Moderator 1492

Have fun and post pictures of Kansas, Often!

Photo posted from my iPad using the procedure described above. Of course this me boondocking in the Flint Hills of Kansas!
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

scmense
Explorer
Explorer
I just viewed all 75 pages and enjoyed it completely. Most of my boon docking has been in Western Kansas the last ten years but have stayed in some unbelievably beautiful spots fossil hunting.
Unfortunately, I also have an IPad and cannot post pictures. Although I am younger than up lander, only 67, I am a technical washout. Love this type of camping however and thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

cnetate
Explorer
Explorer
bobx2 wrote:
One of our favorite areas within an hour and a half of home.

Is this by Jefferson?
07.5 Dodge Ram MC, 2014 Eclpise Attitude 31CRSG, 09 Rzr LE

cnetate
Explorer
Explorer
Hickey wrote:
San Rafael Swell

I love the San Rafael Swell! Out of all the places I have camped, this is my favorite so far. I usually camp right off of Buckhorn Draw RD. where are you camping there?

The scenary and riding there is second to none.
07.5 Dodge Ram MC, 2014 Eclpise Attitude 31CRSG, 09 Rzr LE

ghsebldr
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome surroundings . A nice level spot to boot, nice find.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Hickey
Explorer
Explorer
San Rafael Swell