cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yuma AZ to ?? Long Beach/San Diego area ?

Gottahaveit
OK just searching for the next move...Spent a week in Palm Springs, a few days in Q and are in Yuma now. Thinking of heading to maybe Long Beach vs. San Diego ?? Then up the Coast to Pismo for a final landing before heading home in a couple weeks. Can anyone help me out on any great RV Parks/State parks down south?
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
6 REPLIES 6

d-mac1
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you end up Gottahaveit? We are headed to Long Beach area in early October and exploring options. We could boondock if there is anything worthwhile in the area. 36' fiver.

Bolsa Chica looks nice (except for the beach crowd pic on their site) if we could get oceanside. Surf noise is a plus...vechicles not so much.

San Diego is too far south...want to go to Catalina Island and wife wants to see Queen Mary.

Thanks!
2009 Ram 2500 CTD
2012 XLR Thunderbolt 300X10

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Santee Lakes is pretty quiet, and close to a Costco. I used to live about 5 miles from there. Highway 52 west to LaJolla is a fairly quick drive to the expensive beaches.

Silver Strand is on the beach, dry camping, and just south of Coranado Island.

Long Beach has one RV park near the Queen Mary, downtown, not walking distance, but close enough that you can see City Hall and the Queen Mary. Other RV places near Long Beach, you need security bars on your RV. . .

Orange County has many good RV parks.

Huntington Beach has one RV park on the beach, if you can get reservations. I think it is Bolsa Chica State Beach. It is a parking lot, that was transformed into a RV parking area. Right next to Pacific Coast Highway, the beach side is noisy ocean waves, while the highway side can be really noisy on weekday rush hour, when hundreds of cars go by each hour.

Have fun camping!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wish we had taken the advice we were given on Santee Lakes. We just finished a week in San Diego at Santa Fe RV park and it wasn't pleasant. It's 50 yards from I-5 and 70 yards from busy train tracks. I've never been in a noisier place in my life!(And it's expensive, too - but so are most places in SD.)
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most folks enjoy Santee Lakes which is about 15 miles inland from the ocean in San Diego. If you want to be right on the water Silver Strand State Beach, San Elijo and Carlsbad State Beach are the choices but all are pricey and crowded. Check them out on line and plan on making reservations.

:C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
A really nice resort is in Chula Vista right in the harbor,nice restaurant in walking distance,great views.

If you want a more park like setting there is the KOA

The others in Mission Bay or Campland are nice but are close and are a big parking lot,and can get rowdy on weekends.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

elwood58
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed Mission Bay in San Diego, but the RV Park itself was pretty much a paved lot. The surrounding area was amazing.
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C