cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a the fence post sewer hose storage, A question.

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning everyone, I'm about to add the fence post storage tube for my sewer hose and connectors under our trailer. For those who have done this and had to mount where it was in contact with the gas line, how did you work around it?
1.) Notch out the fence post to go over the gas line.
2.) Add a spacer to the other side so tube remains level.
3.) Just not worry about it and and put some kind of wrap over the gas line and hang the the tube.

Thanks for you help.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
37 REPLIES 37

RavenNS
Explorer
Explorer
Can't get the fence post (or jacket) in eastern Canada. Shopped everywhere. No one would ship it here either... So went with the valterra ez hose carrier and it works great!

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
I beam hanger clamps, Lowes has them in the plumbing aisle
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

jepalmer
Explorer
Explorer
TomHaycraft wrote:
Hangers, nuts and crossbar gave just enough room to clear the gas line.

I like the hangers you used, as I'd prefer not drilling holes in my frame. Where did you find them and what are they called?
Thanks.

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I got my new storage "mod" installed this past weekend while we were camping during the long weekend. I put a spacer on the opposite side from the gas line and just butted against the gas line. The tube is level with 6, 5/8ths holes drilled in the bottom for drainage. I painted it black before hand so all I had to do at the camp ground was hang it. It turned out great and now I had needed free space in the storage bay.
John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

raston
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Calgary, AB. I had to go to a Vinyl Fencing company to get the fence post.

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
They didn't have them in stock in Houston, TX at either store but can be ordered and ship to store for free.

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Lenny K wrote:
shepstone wrote:
I cant seem to find these fence posts in Ontario from lowes or HD, are they actual posts or covers?

For some reason they don't carry them in Canada. I had to use the more expensive 6" round pvc.

Cant even find the 6" pipe here without going to a plumbing supply , so I will get the 4" round and use that. I measured the slinky and it should fit nicely so that the connecting end won't slither all the way to the other end of the bumper and get wedged up in the welding slag on the inside. Boy that was some fun times..
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl

redwing10
Explorer
Explorer
Westend found the the ladder I put in a 5x5 Alum sq tube. My father in law gave me the ladder. I just did not like to have to put in the front compartment.
Tom and Dianne
2015 Arctic Fox 25Y
2015.5 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax
ProPride 3P 1400# WDH

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Local HDs does not carry them and can only order them online. Our local Lowes did have them in stock. We have 3 Home Depots in our area and none carry them
John ๐Ÿ˜›

2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
I cant seem to find these fence posts in Ontario from lowes or HD, are they actual posts or covers?

For some reason they don't carry them in Canada. I had to use the more expensive 6" round pvc.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:

They are covers made to cover posts for vinyl fencing. Look in the vinyl fence area at Lowes or HD.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Coolerman wrote:
That's some cool engineering! So exactly how do you get a 6' ladder in a 5" x 5" tube? ๐Ÿ˜‰

No problem. I have a 7' ladder in my 7' 5" x 5" fence post.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
They are actual fence posts. It looks like you can get them here.

Here it is at Home Depot also.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer