cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Backsplash tile

WDW_BWV
Explorer
Explorer
So has anyone installed lightweight backsplash tile in the kitchen or arond the sink in the lav? How has it held up?
9 REPLIES 9

bcsslc
Explorer
Explorer

This is how we did ours. Not sure if the pic pulls up, if not I'll repost later

WDW_BWV
Explorer
Explorer
Cool - thank you ! I was thinking about stainless steel by the stove. Che did that at our house and it looks nice and is easy to install!

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
the first thing I do when I get a new RV is to put a sheet of plexiglass on the wall behind the stove using velcro dots.
bumpy

That's what we did on our old trailer, worked fine.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

PortWentworthSa
Explorer
Explorer
We installed Stainless Steel. Just glued it to the wall. Works great for us. It was easy and lightweight.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the first thing I do when I get a new RV is to put a sheet of plexiglass on the wall behind the stove using velcro dots.
bumpy

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Rosie installed the Smart Tiles in our gray hawk last spring and they are fantastic! We already tried them through the really hot temps of this past summer, and are now evaluating them for the upcoming freezing winter upcoming.
I shall write a report after that, but so far great!
Everyone that visits our MH loves the look, makes it look like a completely separate room, and classy.
I would post a photo but can't figure it out from the I pad.
They were easy to work with, did not take down the existing wallpaper, just sprayed a good degreaser/ cleaner and washed the walls good first.
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

jbilling
Explorer
Explorer
I was in the process of removing the wallpaper the po had put up when I found that the paneling around the stove top was scorched from the heat of cooking. I put it quarter inch masonry board and then the 1 inch glass tiles from Lowes. It has been up over a year with no problem and it looks great. I had some left over tiles that I used to make sink cover.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I used thin metal 4" sq tiles from Handy Tiles. Very very light weight. Glued to the wall with liquid nails. I did not remove any wallpaper or border paper. Only been up a couple months. So far So good!
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
smart tile sold at home depot works great