cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cargo trailer battery?

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
We bought 2006 continental cargo 7x16 enclosed trailer. I am trying to figure out interior light, looks like red,blue,black, and i believe white coming out of the wiring harness going uo into the trailer,but when I pulled off wall switch there was a yellow one there. .?
15 REPLIES 15

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Before you power anything, use your meter to check for continuity on the various circuits. All 12 V devices will have one wire to ground and one wire for power. The color schedule is immaterial. If you have a light fixture with two wires, one will have continuity to ground (the frame) and the other will not. Connect power to the ungrounded wire.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Do you have a hand held meter?

yes i do, not sure what to do however, i use to use just to check voltage at my previous job but short of being able to see if circuit has 120 volt or not that's my limit

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Specifically for ETRAILER Trailer Wiring

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has 7 pin connection

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
A 7'x16' enclosed trailer is likely to have brakes; mine does. Does your trailer have brakes? A 4-way flat plug or a 7-way round RV plug?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a hand held meter?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
Well that's my big issue is all possibilities. I'm terrible with wiring, I don't understand it ,maybe a pro is the way to go

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
For a cargo trailer that is set up with a 4-way flat plug, the manufacturer typically hooks the inside light to the tail/marker light feed (normally brown). Their correct assumption is that you will need the inside light when you have the vehicle running lights on. Even though my 7x10 trailer came with a 7-way plug (due to having brakes) my interior light was still hooked to the tail/marker light feed.
Currently Between RVs

Tango__AE7UI
Explorer
Explorer
I have purchased from E trailer several times and have always received great customer service.
One item was badly damaged and they happily and speedily replaced it.
I would not hesitate to purchase from them again.
2007 Tango 2660RKS Fifth Wheel, 2006 Chevy D/A 3500 with service body,

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, eTrailer is a parts store but they post lots of self-help detailed instructions and videos.

They are also an excellent business to purchase parts from as they understand customer service very well.
I love me some land yachting

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
Its a part's store?

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
Ok thanks guy's

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
ETRAILER.com is a good all around source of INFO for anything trailers...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

candjmc
Explorer
Explorer
So red and white would be typically used for interior light