cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CLEANING EXTERIOR WINDOW SEALS

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
The window seals on our 2006 Coachmen MH were starting to get dull and spotty. Tried the usual, AMORALL and Slide Out Seal spray without any luck. Looked on the internet to see if I could find any quick, easy way to clean them and didn't find much of anything. Started thinking about what I had on hand that might do the trick and decided to try Black Magic, Bleche-White tire cleaner spray. Sprayed the product on the seals, rubbed them with a rag and repeated until the spots and dullness went away. Wiped them down with a clean, dry rag and applied several coats of ARMORALL. Had to rub the ARMORALL hard into the seals to get them looking shiny again. Didn't take very long after I understood the process.
I know there are people who despise ARMORALL, but it appeared to do the trick this time. I may purchase some 303 Aerospace Protectant to use on them later.
Hope this help others who may be going through the same experience.
6 REPLIES 6

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't used Armor All since I was in my early 20's and worked as an auto detailer. It's junk and just makes things look shiny for a little while while gathering dirt. I've also heard that it causes cracks in certain materials, but I don't know how true it is. I don't like or use Armor All, but you can't go wrong with 303 Protectant.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Aerospace 303 for me as well. Great stuff.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago there was a warning that Armor All caused a deteriation of material it was used on. For example, dash boards of automobiles, after a while, started cracking pre-maturely. After hearing that article, I never used Armor All again. That was several years ago. Maybe it's improved by now.

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
All Armor All will do is make it look shiny for awhile. If you want to treat, preserve, and protect, use 303. I treat my window rubbers, slide out seals, inside and out, every month or so, with 303, and they still look new after 4 years.
Grumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago I did the Zep/Red Max Pro process on our 96 Southwind.
After cleaning, I applied the RMP to the seals. They looked great and the shine lasted a couple years, with no problems.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
After you have a few trips under your belt, please post back the condition of the seals. My experience with Armorall is that it is a dust magnet. I now use Meguiars vinyl cleaner which dos a great job.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton