cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Custom Range / Cooktop Burner Cover

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
My GF and I wanted a cover for our two burner range top. Gives more cabinet space for food prep etc. when Range Top is not in use.

Decided to build a custom fit cover rather than buy a factory unit. Used 1/2" finished Oak plywood. Routed the edge for a finished look. Stain and poly. Cost < 10.00 using some stain / poly on hand in the shop.

Can also be used as a serving tray although we probably won't use it that way much.

4 REPLIES 4

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the comments. Getting ready to test it and the new bike racks out this week. GF put some stick on rubber bumpers on the bottom of the cover yesterday so the cover will not scratch the counter top during travel. Have fun!!

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Did the same thing to mine last year only using two legs on the ends(full length).
Sits right above the 3 burner stove and our coffee pots sit there until we use the stove.
cpaulsen

ButchandBri
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!

Exactly the project we are working on now. Only difference is it will cover the entire area to the right of the sink. Not using the burners but would like the extra space for sandwich making and a place for the coffee maker and electric hot plate.

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
That works, nice job. We got a small piece of formica countertop at the Re-use It Store for $1 and DH added 4 short feet to the underside. It covered the sink and that's where I preferred it.