DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Vent covers, camco, etc.

I did some minor chalking a month back. While doing it It dawned on me that I need to pull my Camco covers off to inspect the caulking, that is a pain in the --. From what I have seen they are all the same as far as attachment, correct? Do the edg...

VTR by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reaching Fantastic fan in bathroom?

We have a fantastic fan in bathroom that we presently turn on at the light switch due to ease of use but wondering how to turn it on easier at the fan itself. We both have trouble reaching the fan controls and it's hard to place a step up due to toli...

oxygen by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick set up steps

Does anyone have a set of plans for something like this...quick set up wood steps spotGoing to be setting up the camper on a semi-permanent spot for a month.

diy wiring

Hi everyone. New to RVing just purchased me first rv 76 Glendale. I'm planning on some minor upgrades in the electrical system the coach has the power convertor. I will be adding generator inverter and 4 12 volt 52 amp deep cycle scooter batteries. T...

Macerator or Water Pump - need recommendation

I am looking for recommendations on a water pump or macerator pump. I have a 50 gallon bag that I will be able to fill in the back of my truck. I only want to be able to dump the grey tank. Can I go the cheaper route and get a water pump, or do I hav...

Propane Tank Cover Upgrade - Guidance Needed

I am attempting to install a hard-sided propane cover on my FR Grand Surveyor Hybrid. I have repositioned my tank tray so the cover will easily side over my tanks.However, I've seen many of these tank covers laying in interstate ditches or medians an...

upmm019 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Homemade Wheel Chocks

Back in 2004, I made a clamping chock out of a 4x4 and threaded rod that worked well for me through the years. During the winter of 2013, it was stolen off of my TT while in storage. I have made two new clamping chocks like the old one and I thought...

2Macs by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Re-roof

I am wondering if anyone can offer advice on my re roof project. This is my first RV and bought it knowing it had roof issues. I have torn off the EPDM material and all the glued down Luan sheeting. I am now in process of trying to get the new mat...

toonpopo by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clearance lights on at the campground

I've seen a few TT's and a 5r once in a while with the clearance lights on at night. Nice touch...but how is this mod made? I assume this is not a "factory" deal since I've seen similar trailers to ours this way. Note: I would have asked the fol...

mleekamp by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

New Microwave

While out for the month our microwave took a dump! So with some trepedation about changing it at our camp site we went to the store and bought a new one. Five hours later it is in and working. I would not recomend doing the job away from home, but...

donn0128 by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

LED light strip adhesive

I've read quite a bit here about people saying the adhesive on the chinese led strips not working well. Many suggest using "REAL" 3M double sided tape --- Okay, that's what I want. where do I get it? Any tape made that narrow? Gotta buy a wider rol...

btcruzer by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes