cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fitted sofa bed cover?

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been thinking of covering the sofa bed with something. It's a short 5ft sofa across the trailer, apparently for kids - but there are no kids, so it's used as a coach only.

Impossible to get rid of dust and sand, there is always some by the end of the day. People living in desert areas will know what I mean. Besides, my clothes aren't always perfectly clean after doing something outside.

Sofa 63" long, seat and backrest are 20" wide each, so the area to cover is 63"*40". The size of single/twin kids mattress, more-less.

Amazon have some "slip covers" that are reportedly a thin throw - I could put a fitted bed sheet on it same well, for fraction of the cost.
Are there any fitted covers like those stiff covers for trailer queen bed, only smaller? Something not too thin, and easy to clean. I could cut it shorter on one end if needed.
11 REPLIES 11

DJcoh
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a royal heritage home futon cover from amazon. They often run sales or have clearance items. I've had best luck with the futon covers rather than the slipcovers, but I have dogs and need to wash them often. Stay away from their low-end items. The higher prices are better quality and stand up to frequent washing. Here are a few suggestions and reviews https://www.homeblogzone.com/futon-covers-review/https://www.homeblogzone.com/futon-covers-review/ of best futon covers that you can check before buying.

brittanie
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a futon cover that will work for my Xl size futon? Maybe one that isn't super expensive. Any recommendation from you guys?

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I made something like a fitted bed sheet to go on our sofa. It is heavier, washable fabric that tucks into the center and stays firmly in place

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We picked up a slip cover at Walmart that fit close to perfect.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
OP here.
Yes, fitted twin bed sheet will work width-wise, though they are a little longer - my sofa is 63".

Cut in half and shorten it up to fit the 63" and sew it back together! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
OP here.
Yes, fitted twin bed sheet will work width-wise, though they are a little longer - my sofa is 63".

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I also use a fitted sheet.... fits pretty well and washes easily..
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a sofa cover and put it on our sofa in our TT.. It was constantly slipping and I was always having to adjust it.. Didn't help that our 89 lb Boxer ,Thor, has claimed it as his lol.. I put a regular bedsheet on it and now I hardly ever have to adjust it no matter how much Thor wallers it.. So I would recommend just getting a bedsheet for it.
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I found a full fitted bed sheet 'fits perfectly' on my RV couch.
The elastic corners grab and stay put at the top corners and bottom corners of the couch.

There is just enough extra to tuck in where the couch folds to make it nice and smooth when used as a couch. And when you open it up voila you have a nice fitted sheet on the couch bed!

Sheets come in a plethora of colors now. I found one that matched my interior colors. Everyone always comments how nice they look and how functional my sheet covers are in my MH.

Looks like maybe a twin or full sheet would fit your small couch perfectly.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks. They don't do custom fit (and I wouldn't want to pay for custom fit anyway), but they have a huge selection. Might get some Loveseat cover and cut it shorter on one end (near wall) where nobody can see it. My "kids sofa aka adult loveseat" is more like a car seat, it has no arms, it's all one piece that folds and unfolds in the center. 53" long.
The sidewall in front is to cover an unsightly metal framework on the sides and underneath, so I can't put a usual "box cover" all around. Will see.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Look at SureFit for made to fit covers. Measure your couch, and call their customer service. We have used them and have been well pleased with their products. Ours have been quality, heavy-duty material, very attractive, and well made. Ours could and were removed for cleaning whenever necessary, and after careful reinstalling, were difficult to even tell that it was slipcover. Then you could always make some yourself. Many folks do.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.