cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gluing non slip mat to wood

tred0956
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know what glue would work? I want to glue some of the anti slip mat you use in your cupboards to the back of a wood cutting board.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
The spray adhesives from 3M work very well -- the industrial strength called "90" is expensive but bomb-proof. The general purpose version called "77" is very good and much less expensive. Try a sample of the nonskid mat on a scrap of wood to make sure that it works. Don't get this stuff on your hands --don't ask me how I know this. Use disposable rubber gloves. Do this project on a workbench covered in newspaper.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
You could use rubber feet called Bump-Ons. Most hardware stores have them. They are sticky backed.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Check This to That. It may have an answer.

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Teacher's Pet wrote:
I assume you are using the "bead" type anti-skid sheeting. What about a light coating of spray adhesive after masking all edges about 1/2" in.

I would also use some spray adhesive. Read the can and make sure it works on wood and rubber.

As typical, ask a question and get responses of why you should not do it that way. I suppose you have seen the camping world ones with the anti-skid on the bottom.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you are using the "bead" type anti-skid sheeting. What about a light coating of spray adhesive after masking all edges about 1/2" in.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
unless you have other ways fastening it in place, some sticky mat isn't going to hold it very long. I built mine with 1 1/2 inch boards on the side surrounding the stove top. but any of the "goops" would work.
bumpy

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I have a wooden stove top cutting board. It has small rubber things that grip onto the rails over the burners.
Just curious...do you think that the material will hold it on the rails or are you setting it on the stove cover that is already there?

tred0956
Explorer
Explorer
I'm making a cutting board to use as a stove cover and I want the shelf liner to keep it in place while travelling and to stop rattles.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Try a fabric glue. May I ask why you are needing to glue it? Should the cutting board not stay in place if it is just sitting on a piece? Also, I like to use both sides of a cutting board.