cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen/Bathroom backsplash upgrade

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
DH decided we needed to do something with the backsplashes of our rig......he couldn't stand the bland cream walls. He found these tiles at Lowes and got them up today. Notice the triple lightswitch on the right in the kitchen. The manufacturer had the switches in the hall (dark) in a cupboard (dark) and colored dark brown...IMPOSSIBLE to see! I'm so pleased.....feel like it's Christmas all over again!

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend
14 REPLIES 14

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
Love the tiles but what I'm really interested in is the light switch. ๐Ÿ˜‰ How did your hubby do that? Did he fish the wires out of the wall? I hate having to climb the steps to turn lights off/on. Climbing the steps up into the 5th wheel are a chore enough with bad knees.
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
emiddleb......I love your re-do!!!!! Sure made a difference in yours, too. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad to hear they lasted so well in both climates.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
Our Smart Tile kitchen mod is 2 years old now and still holding fine. Removed ugly mirrors and residual glue, cleaned the wallpaper with a TSP product, and then installed the new tiles. Have not moved after 2 Michigan winters and hot summers and several thousand miles. Good product.

Before:

After:

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
amandasgramma wrote:
BurbMan is right.....plastic tiles......and they're still on there this morning!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Then they must be Smart Tiles.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan is right.....plastic tiles......and they're still on there this morning!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
capndan771 wrote:
Looks great. Did you apply over vinyl wall covering or remove it? Have you been on the road now that the installation is complete. Any sign of it shaking loose? Lots of questions but only because we have been thinking of doing something similar.

It's not real tile...those are stick-on sheets that look like glass tile! So, no, they won't shake loose....

We are planning to do the same to ours at some point!

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'm going to show this to my wife. I like this.
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Not the OP, but yes they are.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work, especially the round sink. As to the backsplash, are those the plastic Smart Tiles that you can cut with scissors?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same tile last year.About 8,000 miles and still sticking fine.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
capndan771 --- he just put it in today .....right over the vinyl wall covering. Washed it well with window cleaner, then washed with alcohol and applied. No..not on the road yet, (we're on the road all the time)....but will be moving the rig just before Memorial Day. I'll come back on here and let you know. Heck, we're just hoping they'll stay on until tomorrow! LOL

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats

capndan77
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great. Did you apply over vinyl wall covering or remove it? Have you been on the road now that the installation is complete. Any sign of it shaking loose? Lots of questions but only because we have been thinking of doing something similar.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that is really nice! Really adds a personal touch.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice job - makes a huge difference