6000 lumen, 118vdc LED module:
Clicky
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
5 REPLIES 5

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Unless the truck already has projector headlights, any LED retrofit bulb is going to produce crazy glare just like an HID retrofit.

Appearance of more brightness is likely due to a change in cut-offs, light spilling out closer to the truck for example.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Slowly switching everything over to LED. Just installed LED headlights on my truck. What a difference and very low power draw as well.

Details ! Brands and where did you buy them.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
whoa...

cool.............. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Slowly switching everything over to LED.

I just started shopping (again) for LED replacements for the 1147 bulbs in my MH.

The last ones I got were barely adequate; seems like I remember the cost around $1.75 each.

This time I want something a little brighter, understanding that the cost will be a bit more too.

The problem IS.......that almost none of the sellers quote anything like lumens or candle power or even current drain in their online ads.

So......can anybody recommend a nice and bright 1147 replacement for less than $3 each that you do NOT have to wait on the boat from China to deliver ?? Yes, I know I'm asking for a lot.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Slowly switching everything over to LED. Just installed LED headlights on my truck. What a difference and very low power draw as well.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB