cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Line-X for roof

jparker66
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a man tell me he had Line-X sprayed on the roof of his camper and it works great as well as added insulation. Has anyone heard of this?
Tnanks,
James
James & Sharon
2016 Flagstaff Superlite
2011 3/4 Chevy Diesel LTZ Loaded
CAMPING IS GREAT! ENJOY THE OUTDOORS!
19 REPLIES 19

jparker66
Explorer
Explorer
For now, considering the cost, I am putting eternabond tape on all seams and joints I think will leak. Thanks for all of the comments on this subject.
James & Sharon
2016 Flagstaff Superlite
2011 3/4 Chevy Diesel LTZ Loaded
CAMPING IS GREAT! ENJOY THE OUTDOORS!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
ivbinconned wrote:
we have had a fifth with an aluminum roof. 1990 Year. have never done anything to it except calking in a few places. why oh why did they ever go away from aluminum?

Only one reason.....$$$$$$$$
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
ivbinconned wrote:
we have had a fifth with an aluminum roof. 1990 Year. have never done anything to it except calking in a few places. why oh why did they ever go away from aluminum?

X2
Mine is 45 yrs old.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

woodyw333
Explorer
Explorer
The video I watched on youtube a few years back showed a company out of California spraying it on. It is different than the bedliner stuff. It was silver and had a huge amount of UV protectant in it. It was by no means cheap but then again replacing these rubber roofs aren't either. If/when I have to do my roof I will seriously be looking into it. I think the little bit of added weight would be worth the piece of mind that the roof has a worry free lifetime warranty.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 MEGACAB 6.7L Cummins Fully Deleted.
2013 Forest River Cherokee 294BH

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Chopperbob wrote:
These days there are many liquid products intended for
RV roofs why use something intended for a truck bed?

Why not?
Those "specialized products" are many times just relabeled to hit a certain market at an increased price. If the product performs to fulfill a certain need, then use it.

This type of product has been advertised and used for several years now.
Many of the shops have the ability to spray the roofs in several colors.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Someone even did the whole vehicle,,van in this case

https://youtu.be/FJ050-H2IqQ

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
Most all bed liners flex, as the underlining bed expands when it gets hot, and flexes as you drive down the road.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Line-X will flex quite well. I don't see where this should be any kind of an issue.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, RV roofs flex to a degree. I would guess Line-X does not. I would think you would develop hairline cracks after awhile.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Line-X comes in various colors now, just more $$$ over black.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems like that black would get really hot though.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dcg9381
Explorer
Explorer
I'm leaning this way when I need to have it done:
http://rv-armor.com/index.html

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, it is a real thing. The old roof is removed and very good prep is required but some dealers doing RV roofs are offering lifetime warranties.