cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for limit switch for refrigerator

btcruzer
Explorer
Explorer
I've added the computer fans to the coils on the back of my Dometic reefer. Now I'd like to find a source for the limit switch to turn them off when not required. Or maybe recommendations on temp. range settings to make my search more productive. I recall reading "somewhere" the hi/lo limits per Dometic. Can't seem to find those. Any help will be appreciated.
The Good Times are Coming !
8 REPLIES 8

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
I am installing this thermostat this weekend. It is adjustable
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Burgy
Explorer
Explorer
I used one from autozone on my last Beaver, attached the bulb to the tubes and adjusted it to come on where I wanted it to

Auto Thermostat

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi btcruzer,

I chose to put the fans in a mask at the top of the "chimney" so they suck air. I did not change the baffles but I probably should. The biggest difference I got was in initial cool down time which dropped from 12 hours to 6 hours. Duty cycle, after cool down, remained identical at 2:3 (40 minutes on for every hour).

One reason I did this was to allow for low temperature operations. I wanted to actually restrict the air flow, to some small extent.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

btcruzer
Explorer
Explorer
does anyone here think that the reefer coils on the back can be "over-cooled"? Yesterday, with about the same outside temp here (92 Degrees) I had 2 80MM computer fans mounted under the condenser coils and a 9 inch diameter fan mounted to exhaust hot air from the upper vent behind the reefer. Today I have the computer fans mounted at the bottom blowing upward on the larger coils and am not using the larger fan. Yesterday the reefer struggled to hold the temp in the low 40s. Today, it is holding the temp in the low 30s. Trailer hasn't moved (no shade either day) and almost exact same outside temp., full sun both days.
Now I wish I'd ordered a second switch with a higher cut-in temp to stagger the the fan usage --Tuna, I wouldn't mind using up a little solar power on the fans, 'cept I just ain't got none. Relying on generator power when camping. I'm also kinda 'phobic' so as soon as I decide what fans will do the job, I'll order spares, never know how long the cheap chinese fans will last in heavy usage. But in all these years, only one computer has ever had the fan to fail.

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Lowe's attic fan thermostat. It's set on about 90F. We found it to be more reliable than the OEM thermistor.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I have a thermostat on mine--I adjusted it to cut in at about 23 C (74 F). I'd much rather have the fans run too much than too little--and the solar system supports them easily.

I did put the thermostat at the bottom on the rear "wall".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

btcruzer
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, that's what I'm looking for. But, isn't "on at 80 degrees F " a little low? Here in Missouri it seems to be 80 degrees all the time. Looks like the fan would be on constantly. I'm thinking something like "ON at 100" might be more like it. I found at the same vendor a unit that switches on at 100 and off at 85, Think I'll give that one a try. But thanks for the link - it made my search easy, thanks again

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I put this switch in line with the ground lead to my fans and RTV glued it to the refer coil;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026RSBUQ/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1