cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Washer/Dryer Mods

TXcampingfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Our rig is not already set up for W/D. In the future I would love to find a way to put one in. Has anyone else put one in a rig that wasn't already set up? If so, please share your mod.
Gin & Mike + 2 TD (tax deductions)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta Bunkhouse
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
11 REPLIES 11

penguin747
Explorer
Explorer
I want to let u buy one first cobra then I see if I like it

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
In for the pics...
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
TXcampingfamily wrote:
billyboy wrote:
I put a haier portable in underneath my vanity in the bedroom, and made the vanity county into a flip up to access the washer, works great. I then bought a spin dryer which I store outside until I need it and then put it into the shower for use. the wife likes to hang a lot of things to dry anyway and everything seems to work out great.

That sounds interesting! How do you drain the haier in your bedroom? Please share any pics you have.
I ran the drain hose to the 2 shower drain using a saddle type connection I made out of a 2" plastic "t", and a piece of old innertube for a gasket. I cut my vanity top in half and hinged it so I could still use it as before. I put hinged louver doors across the front. everything works great. I made an attachment to the under sink cold water line with a hose bib so I could turn the water off, and I made a fitting on that to allow winterizing, sorry I don't have any pics. I will take some pics in a few weeks when i can get my slide out, as it is next to the house and lots of snow.
09 winny adventurer 32h 33 ft towing 015 focus

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
The way I look at it, if it is going to have to be moved to be used each time it might as well be light. The Panda is 33# so that is a point in its favour. In my RV it can likely be kept at the end of my counter where I have floorspace. It can also stay there when the opposing slides are in. When in use I could move it 6' to the kitchen sink - a lot less hassle than using pay facilities.

If the RV had a closet that was dedicated for a washer / dryer then storge would not be an issue, or course.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

TXcampingfamily
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
My RV has no hookups or space for a washer dryer combo so I am considering a small washer/dryer unit as in this other thread. I know this is not an answer to the OP's specific question, but it could be a consideration.

I've been looking at this too. I really wanted a setup that I don't have to move everytime I use it. I think I would end up taking it in and out of the kitchen/bathroom all the time. The space I have available (bedroom closet) is not near water supply and drains. I can't figure out a way to keep it in the bathroom or kitchen without being in the way.

TXcampingfamily
Explorer
Explorer
billyboy wrote:
I put a haier portable in underneath my vanity in the bedroom, and made the vanity county into a flip up to access the washer, works great. I then bought a spin dryer which I store outside until I need it and then put it into the shower for use. the wife likes to hang a lot of things to dry anyway and everything seems to work out great.

That sounds interesting! How do you drain the haier in your bedroom? Please share any pics you have.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
My RV has no hookups or space for a washer dryer combo so I am considering a small washer/dryer unit as in this other thread. I know this is not an answer to the OP's specific question, but it could be a consideration.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
TXcampingfamily wrote:
Yes, but the space that would work the best is in a slide.

Never, ever, heard of or seen a W/D in a slide. No answer.

Jim

billyboy
Explorer
Explorer
09 winny adventurer 32h 33 ft towing 015 focus

TXcampingfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, but the space that would work the best is in a slide.

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
First, do you have a closet where one could go? If not, it would be awkward to have it in normal floorspace. A little more info please.