cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Money well spent

DonPd
Explorer
Explorer
I did a long trip and stopped at seven campgrounds. Before the trip I purchased a new water pressure regulator. It allows more gallons per minute. The pressure is set at 40 psi but with the higher water flow the shower has better pressure and water flow. This was true in all of the campgrounds. My old regulator had less gpm but higher psi but the new regulator has shown to be superior. I think it was money well spent.

Here is the one I purchased;
Watts Brass New Model X65BG (replaces N55BG) Adjustable Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 gauge, 6-9 gpm, lead free.

I also have this filter setup;
Dual Canisters, Both White,
w/ 3/4" brass hose fittings. Wrench incl.

Web site where I purchased my stuff;
RV Water Filter Site
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, Automatic, Quad Cab, Shortbed.
2006 34' Mountaineer 328RLS, 5th Wheel Trailer.
4 REPLIES 4

DonPd
Explorer
Explorer
The filters are in series. The first filter is for sediment it get the big stuff. The second is for taste it is a carbon filter. The first one gets used up faster than the second one.

Here is a link that explains it better than me.

Water Filtering
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel, Automatic, Quad Cab, Shortbed.
2006 34' Mountaineer 328RLS, 5th Wheel Trailer.

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
DonPd wrote:
I did a long trip and stopped at seven campgrounds. Before the trip I purchased a new water pressure regulator. It allows more gallons per minute. The pressure is set at 40 psi but with the higher water flow the shower has better pressure and water flow. This was true in all of the campgrounds. My old regulator had less gpm but higher psi but the new regulator has shown to be superior. I think it was money well spent.

Here is the one I purchased;
Watts Brass New Model X65BG (replaces N55BG) Adjustable Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 gauge, 6-9 gpm, lead free.

I also have this filter setup;
Dual Canisters, Both White,
w/ 3/4" brass hose fittings. Wrench incl.

Web site where I purchased my stuff;
RV Water Filter Site

Curious if you use the 2 filters in parallel(water flows through both filters at the same time) or in series(water flows through one then the other filter)
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Accumulater tanks work great to reduce water pump cycles.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have noticed a lot of different water pressure at the various camp grounds we visit as well.

I have the other problem of having the water pump kicking 'ON' alot when running off our fresh water tank. Most of our RV CAMPING is off the power grid... I'm thinking about installing an accumulator tank. Was looking at one the other day at LOWES.

Might as well do both mods while I am under the cabinets...

The pressure regulator might also be a PLUS for us as we do the quick BLOW-OUT winterizing method for the water lines when camping close to the end of good weather and running into freezing temperatures at night. My 12VDC Compressor is a tankless type and connects to the city water port using an air port adapter. The 40lb setting might keep the tankless compressor from getting higher than that value and do harm to my water lines... Being the tankless type air compressor I usually have enough time to walk around to all of the spigots and drain the blow-out water while the pressure is slowly building up.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS