cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mount-n-lock

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I searched this Forum, as I always recommend people do before posting, and did not find any discussion about this new device for beefing up the bumper on an RV.
This is an additional bracket that fits around the bumper and bolts to the RV frame after drilling a couple of holes. The supplier claims it adds 400 lbs to the capacity of the bumper.
I don't see any downside to this device. Do you?
Here is the website: https://mount-n-lock.com/
And no, I do not work for the company and gain nothing from the sale of the product. But I do like the idea of somebody coming up with a product that might help the RVers out there.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)
4 REPLIES 4

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
Have someone follow you down the road a while with a video to see how much the bikes flop around. Might have a different idea afterwards.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed them on my TT. The product is very well made and the installation was very straight forward and easy. It just makes perfect sense to have the extra support for the bumper.
Happy camping!
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

Quantum82
Explorer
Explorer
I install these brackets on my trailer last weekend.

They are very good quality and I am very confident with my bikes mounted on the bumper.

Took about 2 hours to install them.

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

2019 F150 Ecoboost
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 28BHKS

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Looks plausable to add support, it's providing the same function as welded bracing

Still it only offers so much, versus have a Curt or Reese Hitch welded to the frame under the bumper.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed