Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My RV Modifications to date

rdrv831
Explorer
Explorer
Took the advice and installed the Oxygenics Showerhead

Added a wireless router that will allow us to have our own network and connect to the campsite network. Also added a Roku that connects to the RV wireless router. We use the Roku to watch Netflix and other online content.

OBDLink MX to monitor the engine, gas millage etc. This is the Bluetooth version

Torque monitoring application on my HP Slate 7 tablet for the OBDLink MX

LED light bulb replacement for the shower - bought on Amazon

LED Lights throughout the coach

Foam Vent covers

Installed a 30amp RV plug in our garage. Even though we can't store the coach at home we can plug in and stay comfortable while loading it up for our trips.

Cup holder mount for my tablet/phone

MaxxAir and MaxxAir II vents

Hitch extension and bike rack - extension gets the bikes a little higher from the ground

30 amp surge/low voltage protector

Insulation between plastic skylight covers - helps reduce head gain/loss and light

Solar heated water bag - not really a mod but useful. Used it to wash off the sand from the kids legs and feet before they entered the coach. Helped keep down the sad infiltration and wife was happy not to have to sweep all the time. we where parked north/south so the bad had the sun all day long. by early afternoon the water was very warm

Digital Thermostat

110v plugs with USB ports

Additional 12v ports

12v USB charging station with volt meter

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to conform to forum limit of 640px maximum width.

Ray and Maria
Lincoln CA
Family Photo's link
8 REPLIES 8

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
lovemytt wrote:
Very nice. I like the idea of a 30 amp in your garage!

I did this as well. If you or a friend have the know-how, it's the best ~$50 you will ever spend.
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

rdrv831
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
rdrv831 wrote:
T...Added a wireless router that will allow us to have our own network and connect to the campsite network. Also added a Roku that connects to the RV wireless router. We use the Roku to watch Netflix and other online content....

I guess that depends on a fast CG wireless network - lots of bandwidth. The CGs that I have gone to so far had wireless that was basically useless - to slow for one device let alone several through a router. This means we have to revert to cellular and use our phones as hotspots.

The main reason for the router was to have my own network so I can stream movies from my HP slate to my Roku. And if the campsite has wireless I would only need to connect the router to the camp wifi instead of every device I have.
Ray and Maria
Lincoln CA
Family Photo's link

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. I like the idea of a 30 amp in your garage!
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
rdrv831 wrote:
T...Added a wireless router that will allow us to have our own network and connect to the campsite network. Also added a Roku that connects to the RV wireless router. We use the Roku to watch Netflix and other online content....

I guess that depends on a fast CG wireless network - lots of bandwidth. The CGs that I have gone to so far had wireless that was basically useless - to slow for one device let alone several through a router. This means we have to revert to cellular and use our phones as hotspots.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

rdrv831
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
I like the on-off hose for the shower. where did you get the set up? and I also like the digital domectic thermostat. where did you get it? I haven't seen any of these items in my catalogs.

I found the digital thermostat on Amazon.com . Took a few e-mail exchanges with Dometic to verify that it would work my AC unit. The Kit came with a new control unit that replaced the existing control unit in the ceiling.

The on/off button came with the RV but I did see them at Camping world.
Ray and Maria
Lincoln CA
Family Photo's link

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
kcny wrote:
The "on-off switch" isn't part of the hose - it is a separate piece that comes with the Oxygenics shower head kit. Not sure if they sell it separately.

You've been busy! Nice mods.

BTW, Home Depot and Lowes sell several different shut off you can use with the Oxy shower head.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

kcny
Explorer
Explorer
The "on-off switch" isn't part of the hose - it is a separate piece that comes with the Oxygenics shower head kit. Not sure if they sell it separately.
32' 1992 Holiday Rambler 1000

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I like the on-off hose for the shower. where did you get the set up? and I also like the digital domectic thermostat. where did you get it? I haven't seen any of these items in my catalogs.